closed non-ERAS Programs for 2008 Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UrbanAmish

Connectile dysfunction
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. UC-Davis - spoke with Megan Rott, res coordinator, on 9/21/07
2. Utah

are *not* accepting applications right now for the 2008 Match. Feel free to add to this list.

Members don't see this ad.

These are the ones I personally verified:

NOT taking applications:
-Columbia
-UC Davis

Applications accepted via non-eras application:
-National Cancer Institute
-Univ Washington
-NY Methodist

??? (anybody know?)
-Northwestern
-Robert Wood Johnson NJ

I know Northwestern is not taking applications for PGY-2 positions starting in 2009. Kinda bummed about this one as I really like Chicago.

Members don't see this ad :)
UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson is not taking applicants this year. I confirmed this with Dr Haffty.

I know Northwestern is not taking applications for PGY-2 positions starting in 2009. Kinda bummed about this one as I really like Chicago.

Yeah, unfortunately they waited to pull out of ERAS after I already forked out the cash for the app.

What is the best source of finding out which programs 1) are using ERAS that year and 2) have PGY1/2 positions available that year

What is the best source of finding out which programs 1) are using ERAS that year and 2) have PGY1/2 positions available that year

I think you just have to call/email the programs directly.

Ultimately, you end up having to call/email the program contact to make sure (like I did with Northwestern). But thought I would pass on that FREIDA has this info too for most of the programs (I think Utah was an exception)- just make sure to look at 2009/2010 instead of 2008/2009 if you are a 4th year med student doing a prelim year first. What the person at Northwestern had wrote me sounded like ERAS is just behind FREIDA. And I know it really sucks to pay if the program isn't even taking applications this year. I got lucky to hear a tip from a rad onc graduate to be careful about this.

So are the quota numbers in NRMP wrong? That says that Northwestern has 3 spots for the 2008 match. It also says Utah has 2 spots.

i'm not going into radiation oncology, but i did receive this e-mail today about university of rochester. apparently their 2008 position is not via eras. the 2009 positions are.

Radiation Oncology Residency Program

Department of Radiation Oncology

University of Rochester – Strong Memorial Hospital

e-mail: [email protected]

website: http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/gme/prospective/radiation_oncology/

Our Radiation Oncology Residency Program is pleased to announce that we have three residency openings. We are now accepting applications for these positions:

2008 – one position

2009 – two positions

Our application deadline is December 31st, 2007 for all three positions.

2008 – one position

We are not participating in the NRMP match and are not able to accept applications through ERAS for this position.

Please complete the Radiation Oncology Application Form on our website, and send this application to us, together with the following documents:

· CV

· Personal Statement

· Dean's Letter/MSPE

· Transcripts

· Letters of recommendation (minimum 3)

· USMLE Transcripts

· ECFMG certificate, if applicable

Our application deadline is December 31st, 2007.

You may submit your materials to us by mail, e-mail or fax:

Radiation Oncology Residency Program
University of Rochester Medical Center
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 647
Rochester, NY 14642-8647

e-mail: [email protected]

Fax: (585) 275-1531

Please note that if you are selected and invited for interview, original transcripts and Dean's letter will be required.

2009 – two positions

We are participating in the match and are only accepting applications through ERAS for these positions.

Our application deadline is December 31st, 2007.

NRMP Rank Order List submission deadline – February 27, 2008

Match Day – March 20, 2008

Frequently Asked Questions:

Please go to our website for more information about our Program. However, here are the answers to some commonly asked questions.

Applications

Is U.S. clinical experience required?

At least one year of U.S. clinical internship training (e.g., General Surgery, Internal Medicine, or Transitional Year) is required for all applicants to Radiation Oncology.

We do not offer an internship/transitional year in our Program. You will need to have completed an internship/transitional year, prior to entering our Program.

Are there any application requirements other than those outlined by ERAS?

No. We follow ERAS requirements, but keep in mind we require three letters of recommendation in addition to the Dean's letter.

What USMLE scores do I need to be considered?

The University of Rochester Radiation Oncology Residency Program does not set score limits, but passing is required. Applications are reviewed in their entirety with no set minimum score requirement.

Do you accept international medical graduates?

We accept graduates from international medical schools approved for listing by the World Health Organization or equivalent accrediting bodies.

What's required of international medical graduates?

All international applicants must have passed Steps 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and be eligible for certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).

What type of visa is required?

We accept U.S. citizens, permanent residents or J-1 visas.

Interviews

Review of Applications - Ongoing; September 1, 2007 to January 9, 2007

Interview notification – within 2 weeks of application deadline

Interviews – mid-January – mid-February 2008

Notifications will be sent by e-mail

hopefully this is helpful.

Northwestern closed too this year

"We're not participating in ERAS this year because we will not have any resident openings until 2010.

Sharlotte Jones
Resource Coordinator
Residency Program
Radiation Oncology
Northwestern Memorial Hospital"