Closed v. Open Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a "closed" interview this Thursday. Does that mean they know nothing about me or they just don't know my grades and MCAT scores? I'm asking because I want to know how much I will have to "fill them in".

Members don't see this ad.

My first interview was closed-file, meaning that my interviews knew nothing about me other than my name. Despite it being a little awkward at moments, I found the interview very random and candid... of course, that is the type of person I am.

Among other things, I discussed my living in a businessman's motel that catered to prostitutes turned dormitory, my affinity for karaoke as a way to relieve stress, and the fact that I had never worn a suit and tie before in my life.

I've only had one closed file so far and at this point, I greatly prefer open file. I spent all 60mins of my closed file interview giving answers to my interviewer's questions, answers that could have infact been found by looking at my AMCAS application. It felt like a waste of time to me. But in retrospect this may have been my fault- perhaps I should have dericted the interview elsewhere? I don't know...