This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PotatoBug

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted! Closing this thread now.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your scores seem fine. No need to retake MCAT.

Are you checking other boxes along the way? There has to be a red flag.

Are you applying both MD and DO? MD only? You would be fine for DO and your scores pass the averages for MD.

What was your school list?
Have someone look at your personal statement.
Are you getting secondaries? Have someone look at your essays.
Are you continuing to improve your application (volunteering, shadowing, clinical hours, leadership, etc.) between cycles?
Are you targeting schools in your range?

If you want this, do not stop. Get feedback and continue to improve the application.

Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied 3 times and am now a 4th year medical student. You can definitely do it. Make sure you are being brutally honest with yourself when you try and figure out why you aren't getting in. You need to change something or else you won't succeed. Sounds like you've seen some weaknesses in your app and working to change them, which is great. Start immediately though. Get a volunteer position by December. Getting a new job is tough in your situation but scribe is a great option (not a lot of money though).

WHat was your school list both years? What interviews did you get?

There is still hope this year!

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You wasted years by not applying DO as well, stop wasting those years and apply on time next time if this one doesn’t work out.

Get a DO letter

Reactions: 2 users
The next time you apply you should apply to at least 10 DO schools. You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you should not dwell on your MCAT score it is a great score. I would def focus more on getting solid LOR from doctors, scribing will def help you meet physicians and get close with them. Also, make sure you apply to more DO schools there should be no reason for you not to get in with your stats so far. Apply early and broadly!

Reactions: 1 user