Closed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychiatree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Closed

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t disagree with you.

In my experience hospital recruiters are more about giving you a random overview of the location (our city is great and family friendly and there’s tons of great stuff to do!) and a small bit about whatever company they work for. Reminds me of a college recruiter type person.

It may be a screening process to save time for the CMO but I can’t imagine many people talk to the recruiter and end up not getting set up to talk to the next person in the chain.

Don’t schedule the meeting until you know more, I suspect they are hiding that information because nobody would apply if they were transparent about the position.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people do business by meeting many times to get a feel for you, or even to build a relationship for the future whether you get formally hired or not.

The last hospital I worked at was very much a golfing-and-handshakes-for-days kind of place. I don't hate it -its always good to network, and you never know what can come of those relationships.

Not sure if hospital recruiters are different than large group recruiters but ours mostly do screening of candidates and overviews of the positions based on the job posting (which is usually pretty detailed) prior to passing them up the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.