Step I CMMRS vs. MicroCards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wanderluste

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! Just finished finals...got 6 weeks to go for step. I haven't taken biochem or micro since first year, so I need to brush up on that. Been running through the biochem kaplan book, which i like a lot -- it's efficient and gets to the point.

I have both CMMRS and MicroCards. I'm ashamed to say, I didn't really use either religiously during my first year studies as my professor was pretty picky about his own stuff, so I read the Lange Textbook over for when I took the class because that's what he wanted of us.

Would you recommend running through CMMRS or MicroCards for efficient, high yield, and kicking ass on Micro? (Which I know can be super detailed on Step). I also have the Rapid Review Book as well...but I hear that's not as highly rated?

Unless...First Aid is enough? *But doing some Uworld Questions just on Micro FA alone...I definitely didn't know enough!

Thanks 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question about the micro cards. I don't have the latest edition (I think the latest are 3rd edition). I have second edition. The third edition has color pictures. Is the one I have which doesn't have color pictures good enough? is it more or less the same material?
 
I have a question about the micro cards. I don't have the latest edition (I think the latest are 3rd edition). I have second edition. The third edition has color pictures. Is the one I have which doesn't have color pictures good enough? is it more or less the same material?

+1. Also interested in this.
 
The third edition pictures are ok, but not essential necessary

I think if you want with each card look up the associated picture in Firecracker or google just to cover all your bases.