CNMC and Hopkins

Started by elr1983
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

elr1983

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone! I'm in the process of applying, and was just wondering if any current medical students at GW might have some information on the pediatrics residency at CNMC. For family reasons, I'd like to be in either DC or Philly, and would love to match at CHOP or CNMC. I've heard a lot about CHOP from current residents and several of my classmates who have done aways there, but don't know anyone who rotated at CNMC or is a current resident there. In reading some of the stuff on this website from prior years, it sounds like their residents were a little overworked and stressed. However, it also sounds like the program has tried to remedy this as much as possible. I also understand their program director is somewhat new. Also, I know their residents are unionized...how does this affect thier training? Do the residents seem to like the union? Lastly, how do you like living in DC?

I also haven't heard much discussion of the program at Hopkins.....I know Hopkins is a top notch kind of place, but have heard less discussion of their residency. I know Baltimore is a bit outside DC, but I am also interested in their program.

Thanks for your help!
 
Last edited: