MD & DO CO Nontrad: 512, 3.6 cG, 3.5 sG - check my list?

Started by 721145
Tags Tags
md & do
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

7

721145

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Updated in case it helps others w/ similar #'s.
On advice of Faha, Gyngyn, and Goro, applied:
IS, 70% "good match/fit" schools ('safety' = misnomer), handful of reaches.
Above all, I chose schools I liked, where I felt I could contribute and be happy, and where my SO and I have family.

Any input is always welcome.

CO ORM, strong ties to CA and HI (spouse is native)
512: 124/131/127/130 *might get screened for low PS
cGPA: 3.66
sGPA: 3.5

BS Bio: cGPA 3.8, sGPA 3.77
state school DIY post-bacc


BA Theatre 07: cGPA 3.56
PacNW liberal arts college, Honors Thesis - Distinction


4 yrs paid clinical (2 ft, 2 pt/school)
Extensive EC's/leadership/global & local pub health volunt., teaching


DO:
ATSU
TUCOM
WesternU Pomona

MD:
Colorado
VCU
EVMS
UVM
NYMC
RFU
Rush
Creighton *high gpa, =MCAT
SLU *high gpa, =MCAT
Tulane
GWU
Tufts
U Miami *high gpa, =MCAT
Wake Forest

Reach:
Dartmouth *likes nontrads
Brown *likes nontrads
Emory
UCD
USC *legacy
UCSD
Jabsom

Best of luck to you all!
-CG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
For MD consider these schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
Colorado
Quinnipiac
Vermont
Hofstra
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
EVMS
Virginia Commonwealth
Virginian Tech
You can apply to CA schools but even CA residents have a difficult time obtaining an acceptance.
 
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand that CA is a gamble and made a longer school list to compensate. Do you recommend that I replace some of the state schools (esp. those with a small matriculant:applicant ratio, like Miami or Arizona) with more of the schools from your list? Do I have too many reach / higher stats schools?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I understand that CA is a gamble and made a longer school list to compensate. Do you recommend that I replace some of the state schools (esp. those with a small matriculant:applicant ratio, like Miami or Arizona) with more of the schools from your list? Do I have too many reach / higher stats schools?
You have many state public schools that strongly favor their own residents. Many of the non residents that matriculate have connections to the state (attended the undergraduate school, went to high school in the state but no longer a resident, one or both parents an alumnus, etc.)
 
Thank you both for your help: the new list reflects your input. I appreciate your time.