Coddling by Research Mentor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TiptoeConqueror

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone had the experience of a research mentor maybe helping a student TOO much? I recently worked on an abstract for which we decided to change the topic to something else before submission. I just felt like I had too much input from my mentor the second time around and so it no longer feels like my abstract. It makes me feel inadequate. Am I the only one with this experience? How much help do grad students typically get from their mentors on various things?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad