Coffee Talk: Psychology's Favorite Legal Addictive Stimulant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You captured my attention with the magic pill that is "super cafffinated"...is this white coffee available in starbucks? It sounds like a godsend for next year and I have to test it out while I don't need to concentrate.....

i don't think so (maybe they are afraid of being liable for the effects?):D

you can buy it for home, and them make fancy and super charged drinks there -- there are folks even more obsessed with coffee than us who have home roasters, and thus buy white, unroasted coffee. it really tastes acidic, though, and needs lots of syrup/chocolate/whipped cream, which i'm sure only adds to the effect.

Members don't see this ad.

I have found that since having Peet's, Starbucks just isn't strong enough for me anymore - I have to ask for an extra shot or extra foam in my latte just so it doesn't taste milk-ed down.
And is there anything better than a hot peppermint mocha on a cold winter day? Mmmmmm!

Peet's is definitely the way to do it right.

I just had to post to say that after all the DD talk, I decided to get a cup today and see what all the chatter was about.

Result? Sticking with Starbucks. I don't get it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had to post to say that after all the DD talk, I decided to get a cup today and see what all the chatter was about.

Result? Sticking with Starbucks. I don't get it.

All a matter of taste. I HATE acidic coffee, so give me the smooth flavor of Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks or Pete's any day.

Starbucks coffee hurts my stomach. I stick with Coffee Bean, but again, as someone else posted they are mainly a California phenomena at this point--although we do have Starbucks at every other corner.

My fav drink at Coffee Bean is either a simple drip coffee of the day or, when I want to get fancy I order an iced caramel latte with half chocolate and half vanilla powder with whipped cream, mmm...yummy!

Add me to the list (apparently a very short list) of those who don't like Starbucks. I just don't get it. To my taste, they totally burn their beans. Blech. Then you add the fakey pseudo-Italian names and the pre-fab atmostphere, and I just can't get out of there fast enough. It also doesn't help that I prefer regular drip coffee, which can be made cheaper and easier at home.

But when I am out and about and am in need of coffee, I head for Peet's or Tully's. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is also good, but there's only a few locations. And we just don't really have many DD here on the West coast.

The only drink I've ever tried at Starbucks was hot chocolate. And it completely suckethed--regardless of how much the person w/ me raved about how wonderful it was and how it was the only hot chocolate she liked anywhere, it still sucked. It tasted like the storebrand/generic crap that you can buy in any grocery store, watered down, extremely mild, tasteless, etc. Complete waste of my money. Speaking of which, I'm unsure how grad students seem to pay for Starbucks multiple times per day on a daily basis. The ****'s not exactly cheap. You might as well buy decent schtuff and grind your own coffee.

Now back to your regularly scheduled coffee/coffee-like discussion.

Ouch, attack on the starbucks. Well like I said I'm not in it for the true coffee taste I'm in it to drown the coffee taste...and still maintain the beneficial effects of caffeine :idea:

Thanks psybee, good to know...its like the magic pill from the matrix only I get to have it every day

Would you like to have the white pill :eek: or the brown pill :sleep:? The choice is yours, but once you choose you can never go back....or can you?

does the bucks to a chai buzz? chai latte plus espresso! the espresso and chai end up tasting kinda chocolatey, and you get coffee caffiene plus black tea caffiene. good times!

i do not like starbucks.

the only thing i've ever had there was chai green tea or something.

i do not like coffee, red bull, etc.

i usually make a strawberry banana slushie and that's my energy.