College courses taken in high school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoly22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to leave college courses taken in high school off of the AMCAS application. Would medical schools ever find out that you did leave them off, specifically if you took the course at the undergrad of the medical school to which you are applying? Also, is it possible to contact the college at which you took the course and have them eliminate it from the transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

amoly22 said:
I was wondering if it is possible to leave college courses taken in high school off of the AMCAS application. Would medical schools ever find out that you did leave them off, specifically if you took the course at the undergrad of the medical school to which you are applying? Also, is it possible to contact the college at which you took the course and have them eliminate it from the transcript?
I know it sucks, but you ARE "required" to put college courses taken in high school on your AMCAS. If you took them both 1) at a different college than where you ended up going for undergrad, and 2) not at any of the colleges that you're applying to for med school, then I suppose you could get away without putting them down by just never listing that school on AMCAS. Ethically questionable, yes, but personally I would rather play stupid and take the risk of having to explain later why you didn't list the grades, than having to deal with a guaranteed GPA drop.

And no, it isn't possible to have them eliminate the grades from your transcript. (but don't we all wish this was true!)