College Major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HawkJ2010

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am now entering my college years and wondering what to major in?
I love history so therefore I think if I stick with that as a major I will be fascinated to work and will do very well. Although I was wondering if I will be able to get all of my credits accounted for for medical school?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~~:)Wannabe Anesthesiologist:)~~

Members don't see this ad.

History is boring dude :sleep:, go with something exciting...

ps: You can major in whatever you darn well choose, as med schools don't care and may even prefer applicants with different majors. Just make sure to fit in all of your pre-reqs

As the last guy said, you can major in whatever you want as long as you take the required pre-med classes along the way...if you love history, please do it, b/c you'll actually enjoy what you are doing, and probably do quite well in it then...you should easily be able to fit in the pre-med classes you need along the way too!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I am now entering my college years and wondering what to major in?
I love history so therefore I think if I stick with that as a major I will be fascinated to work and will do very well. Although I was wondering if I will be able to get all of my credits accounted for for medical school?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~~:)Wannabe Anesthesiologist:)~~

that is EXACTLY what your mindset should be when choosing a major. dont listen to what any one else finds interesting or what anybodel else says.... you should major in something you love and that you are passionate about. if history is your thing, then go for it! you will have no problem getting all the pre reqs done, many people are non-science majors and go to med school. just make sure to get in touch w/ a pre med advisor and all that good stuff and you will be set.

we need a thread dedicated to these posts. we give the exact same answer every time anyway.

we need a thread dedicated to these posts. we give the exact same answer every time anyway.

No, people just need to do a bit of looking around before making silly threads.

No, people just need to do a bit of looking around before making silly threads.

New people are always going to make silly threads. We should encourage them to make those threads all in the same place... so that we can nuke it.