College of Notre Dame of Maryland pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey congrats!!! Could all those accepted to ND please post your stats, if you are comfortable sharing. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So I had my interview on Monday and would just like to reflect on it. Did anyone else think that Mr. Lawrence was a bit awkward. He would just seem to come in and talk about crap while we sat in the room like he had to entertain us. The there was the awful tour of the library where we just simply walked around. Did anyone notice that awkward secretary that would just come in without saying anything?

im assuming the interview is awkward?? i have it tomorrow morning. I'm also staying at home... in arlington, meaning that i have to leave my house 3 hours early to drive 50 miles through/around dc and within the city. aaaawwwweeeesome. i get to repeat that monday morning for university of maryland. when did my life start being so un fun

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't find Mr. Shattuck to be awkward at all, I actually liked how he tried to keep us company as there was only 4 people on my interview date. Didn't see the secretary at all, and yea the library is ok, not as big as I thought it should be.

I didn't find Mr. Shattuck to be awkward at all, I actually liked how he tried to keep us company as there was only 4 people on my interview date. Didn't see the secretary at all, and yea the library is ok, not as big as I thought it should be.

No insult directed toward him. He is a very nice guy and he takes the effort to make everyone feel comfortable. But I won;t be seeing him anymore a sI got accepted to UMD!!!

CND granted pre-candidate:luck:

I interviewed on Jan 30 and accepted on Feb 9. I thought the fin aid lady (Patty?) was very unorganized. She couldn't answer all the questions or even tell us the exact amount for the tuition cost, just the indirect cost (I'm thinking that is the book, transportation, room, and tuition cost) of being $46K. Anyways, after long consideration I'm declining my acceptance. GL to everyone else!

I interviewed on Jan 30 and accepted on Feb 9. I thought the fin aid lady (Patty?) was very unorganized. She couldn't answer all the questions or even tell us the exact amount for the tuition cost, just the indirect cost (I'm thinking that is the book, transportation, room, and tuition cost) of being $46K. Anyways, after long consideration I'm declining my acceptance. GL to everyone else!

is it bad that i fell asleep during her presentation?

Well just got the response i dreaded. I have been waitlisted....Don't know what to look forward to but hey wateva happens is destiny.....

Well just got the response i dreaded. I have been waitlisted....Don't know what to look forward to but hey wateva happens is destiny.....
sorry to hear that, when was your interview?

There's hope! I met 3 people in the past week that are declining their acceptances.

Ahhhh i got in! I would be extremely elated, being my first acceptance, but its also my safety safety school. At least i have somewhere to go!:soexcited:

I interviewed way back in november, and really hoping I get in practically my only hope. well I got my fingers, toes and eyebrows crossed!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
They're probably going to pull a lot from the waitlist. They have rolling admission so if you interviewed early, its a good thing. I met someone at my interview day who sent in her deposit before the feb 20 deadline. shes going to withdraw if a school in CA accepts her.

This was a safety school. I practically knew I would get in by the end of my interview considering the fact that it went so extremely well and that I made a very good relationship with the two the married couple. But I will also be declining my acceptance since I got into UMB which is accredited and a top 10 school. I hate the area that its in (even worse than here with Temple University) and will definitely miss the wide open spaces of Notre Dame. But you gotta look at the bigger picture and UMB is established with some of the best facilities for pharmacy in the world and a great reputation to match. You gotta learn to distinguish yourself these days with so many pharmacy schools opening up. It just like the college situation--so many colleges these days the bragging rights come from where you go and not just the fact that you attended college and have a degree. However, for those not fortunate enough to get into such a school you at least will have a chance with this one as I will be declining my acceptance once I get everything confirmed with UMB.

AAHH I got accepted! But what's weird is that they specifically said they wont email us their decision. I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet but I did find an email from Notre Dame in my spam. Kinda took away from the excitement lol. So if you haven't heard back yet check your spam mail!

Good luck to everybody applying to ND and congrats to those who got in. I would of completed my application had it not been for the pesky supplemental application, I just couldn't get the motivation to write those two essays for a school I didn't know yet whether they were going to get pre-candidacy. I am so glad UMD didn't have a complicated secondary app.

just got an interview invite!!!:D:D,,
Friday March 20, 2009
Monday March 23, 2009
Friday March 27, 2009
Monday March 30, 2009
dunno which one ill choose yet

just got an interview invite!!!:D:D,,
Friday March 20, 2009
Monday March 23, 2009
Friday March 27, 2009
Monday March 30, 2009
dunno which one ill choose yet

I had an interview there on March 9th, I hope I'll get in. The faculty is fabulous

can those who have interviewed pls leave interview feedback, it really does help , thx:D

interviewed here on monday, and i think its going to be a great school, the faculty is very professional and determined :thumbup:

I've decided to decline my acceptance, even though I've already sent in my deposit. hehe. 1 more spot for you guys! Good luck! Notre Dame has great potential!

Does this school allow you to substitute classes? For instance, the medical ethics class for something similar or another science course?

did anyone who interviewed 03/23 receive a response?

i called on monday and was told i got in but i haven't received any letter in the mail. Did u get a letter, email or call?

i called on monday and was told i got in but i haven't received any letter in the mail. Did u get a letter, email or call?
i called them and they said to expect a letter in the mail this week

I LOVE NOTRE DAME....the faculty is soo nice, the school seems like its going to be one of the best!!
It started off as my safety, but I definently declined some interviews because I was almost sure I wanted to end up there...
Out of all the interviews I've went to, this was definently the best experience, I take that as a sign =)
Plus its close to home :x

Notre Dame of Maryland-School of Pharmacy Class 2013

Stats for anyone interested ( i know I loved them before I got into pharmacy schools)
GPA- 3.69
Science- 3.5
PCAT-81 comp.
Lots of work experience

Good luck every one =)

Another thing; In response to what some UMB students said, obviously UMB is top 10, it has been there before Notre Dame, but just wait...Notre Dame will get there too ;)
Also, I think UMB is a great school, I went to UMD, College Park, which is a very big school and all professors are into research.
I think I rather go to a school where only some of the professors do research, because I would want them to focus more on my learning process rather than there research. Do you know how hard it is to access professors when they are doing research'!
But either way, UMB is a good school and Notre Dame will become a great school ;)

Congrats on your acceptance.....Just curious, when did you interview?? Also does anyone know when the last interview will be?????? I am on the waitlist and trying to anticipate when i should call and inquire. Thanks ..
I also went to UMD college park, hope we are classmates @ Notre dame.......

I do not think they are interviewing. However, I do know that there are still two spots left :) Be sure to keep in touch with Mr. Damian, I went on campus and met him. He is very friendly and helpful.

And there were at least three people on this forum who are declining their acceptances. Is the waitlist ranked?

P.S. Well said, chem123.

Notre Dame of Maryland-School of Pharmacy Class 2013:D:love:

yayyyyyyyyyy i got in !!! got a call from them today!!!:D:thumbup:

Hi everyone,

My interivew is on 11/2. I would like to know which airport is closest to Notre Dame of Maryland? Thank you :) I'm from Cali.

Hi everyone, I am new. I am applying to Notre Dame this year I was wondering what the supplemental application questions were? I would love any answers, thank you.

Questions are similar to Midwestern, AZ :)

Last edited:
One can choose either to be part of something that's already great or be part of something and make it great. I chose ND over other schools that are already established because I see great potential in this school & I want to start a new legacy.

Besides, ND can be just as good as UMB...We did steal some of your faculty.:laugh: jk

Can we all just get along?

Can you just tell me your stat? :)

Anyone has an interview on 11/2 at 9am with me? :)

Hi 4frogger,
Which hotel do you stay? Do you take a bus or drive to school? :)

I got the interview invitation today~!
I may go to 11/20 one.
Anyone going on the same day with me too?

i am currently a P1 at this school...for those of you coming from cali (especially the OC)...expect a dramatic change in weather!