college transcript for residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joe05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was looking at Sfmatch.org, the site to apply to the beast a$$ specialties (neuro, ortho, plastics,etc) and....we have to submit our college transcript with our application - http://www.sfmatch.org/forms/cas/casNS_12pt.pdf ?? If so, that sucks for a lot of people, including me, who just wanted to get to med school and leave some college (grades) behind :rolleyes: . What do you guys think? Would this be somewhat important for securing that top neurosurgery residency...? Or would it be like applying to med school and listing your SAT scores (ie, dont matter at all except for statistical purposes)...any comments appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I guess no thoughts... Does anyone even know about this site or are most people on the allo thread pre-med....?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I'm just heading into first year too, but I have been friends with many of the med students. I knew a guy who went into optho last year and he told me that the files do contain everything going way back. Yes, the college transcripts must be included. (Someone once told me high school transcripts are even in there, but that was never verified). That said, I don't really know how much weight they hold. I would suspect not much. It is probably more of a check of consistency, or a specific look at how you handled certain subjects if an aspect of med school looked dubious. Bottom line--they must be included for the sf match, but it is doubtful that they would have much impact on any final matches.

Wouldn't the residency forum be a better place to ask?