Are Collins and Pearson tests accurate practice materials for the PCAT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

andy994

2+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
So my first PCAT is Sept. 4 but been taking the 3 practice tests from Pearson and sectional tests from Collins. Ive been scoring on average 44/48-50 for collins and 40/48 for pearson. In terms of percentages for Pearson, average has been 90% across the 5 sections. I was wondering how these scores will translate to the actual PCAT scoring and how good of a shape I'm in for the actual test. Thanks all

Aug 17, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Woah. I think you're good to go if you have been getting 90% across the whole 5 sections! lucky you! :) I think you're in a really good shape.

Reactions: 1 user

IDontHateYou

2+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2014
So my first PCAT is Sept. 4 but been taking the 3 practice tests from Pearson and sectional tests from Collins. Ive been scoring on average 44/48-50 for collins and 40/48 for pearson. In terms of percentages for Pearson, average has been 90% across the 5 sections. I was wondering how these scores will translate to the actual PCAT scoring and how good of a shape I'm in for the actual test. Thanks all

All I can do is share my experience with you. I just took the PCAT yesterday

2nd Pearson Test --->

VA 75-95
Bio 80-99
Chem 80-99
RC - 55-75
QA - 45-65
Comp - 78-98

3rd Pearson Test ---->

VA 45-65
Bio 80-99
Chem 80-99
RC 25-45 (horrible)
QA 65-85 (I improved my quant a bit but at the cost of getting worse in RC & VA).

Preliminary Score Report --->

VA - 52%
Bio - 92%
Chem - 99%
RC - 89%
QA - 72%
Comp - 98%
As you can see there is some fluctuation between my first & second pearson test. First test I did okay in RC and VA and then 2nd Pearson test I completely bombed both sections.

My actual PCAT exam is somewhat accurate but not exact or anything. On actual PCAT I surprised myself pleasantly with a high RC score. On actual PCAT I did slightly better than my pearson test would have suggested.

Overall though, I want to say it's fairly accurate and a good way to gauge yourself. However, keep in mind on actual test you may score higher or lower in some areas, hopefully higher.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads