MD Color Blind Screening Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XactoPencilSharpener

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am colorblind. The residency to which I matched has a question asking about color blindness in the pre-employment physical. Is there anyway I could be disqualified from the position for this?

Members don't see this ad.

LOlz came into this expecting something completely different

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a one-eyed, color-blind uncle who is a neurosurgeon. If they let him do it, you should be fine.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I am red green color blind and in peds. All red light reflexes look white to me. Why I’m not going into gen peds!! Only other specialty I see this mattering is pathology (I had such trouble with that eosin stain)

Reactions: 1 users
I am red green color blind and in peds. All red light reflexes look white to me. Why I’m not going into gen peds!! Only other specialty I see this mattering is pathology (I had such trouble with that eosin stain)

I had a colorblind pathology colleague. He did admit he had to work a lot harder to see eosinophils.

I am colorblind. The residency to which I matched has a question asking about color blindness in the pre-employment physical. Is there anyway I could be disqualified from the position for this?

Martin Luther King was colorblind too. There's no way they should disqualify you from it

I had a colorblind pathology colleague. He did admit he had to work a lot harder to see eosinophils.
One of my attendings simply cannot see the pink of Ziehl-Neelson stains (AFB). Has to go off size and morphology alone and then ask someone else to confirm it’s pink.