Colorado Countdown!!

Started by gdbaby
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thefafo said:
It seems like a much better plan for moving up the waitlist than having my friends run naked through the UCHSC campus until I'm admitted.
So I can stop working out now?
 
Based on the picture of you I have in my head (which is basically a tall, slender, female version of your avatar), you never needed to work out.

But I don't discriminate, I will take people with all types of figures for this first (maybe annual) run naked for the cause of getting thefafo off the waitlist at colorado.
 
Oh fafo...will you be my friend?

Maybe not after I give this news: I decided to choose Colorado.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gdbaby said:
Oh fafo...will you be my friend?

Maybe not after I give this news: I decided to choose Colorado.

goddamnit baby. if only i was willing to pay 800,000 bucks for med school i would have applied there and we'd be in school together. if i ever come skiing there, i'll holler
-mota
 
drmota said:
goddamnit baby. if only i was willing to pay 800,000 bucks for med school i would have applied there and we'd be in school together. if i ever come skiing there, i'll holler
-mota
You better. I don't ski, but I look damn good in a pair of ski pants sitting by one of those lodge fires drinking hot toddies.
 
thefafo said:
Awesome! I'm glad that I can move up the waitlist AND you get to go to a school you really like. It seems like a much better plan for moving up the waitlist than having my friends run naked through the UCHSC campus until I'm admitted.

I hope you get in :luck: :luck: If only we could designate our spot to a particular person upon withdrawing...
 
I started a CU class of 2010 thread in the Allo forum for anyone interested (accepted/waitlisted/other)
 
JustBreathe said:
I hope you get in :luck: :luck: If only we could designate our spot to a particular person upon withdrawing...

Yay! Thanks, just the wish is enough for me, I just want lots of good vibes so I get pushed up the waitlist.

I'll still be your friend gdbaby! I think you would be an awesome classmate, so really it's better that you stay in colorado. 🙂
 
gdbaby said:
Oh fafo...will you be my friend?

Maybe not after I give this news: I decided to choose Colorado.

I'm happy you decided to stay gdbaby. I find myself telling my wife about SDN drama. I told her that you were accepted and were debating whether you would stay here or move to Iowa and she said "You mean that crazy non-trad lady with the cute son? Of course she'll stay in Colorado." I'm glad you figured out what the rest of us knew all along 😉
 
medicalbound said:
"You mean that crazy non-trad lady with the cute son? Of course she'll stay in Colorado."

She really has me summed up perfectly! Are you going to the thingy in April?
 
For those who don't know I am fourth year student at CU. The e-mail below is one I recieved this evening and sort of is a real example of what I have been saying. Will you get a great education at CU -YES. Will you meet some awesome docs and make lifelong friends - FOR SURE. Will the administration treat you like a pice of s h i t - Well read this e-mail and judge for yourself. Unfortunatley I wish I could endorse CU with a full heart but I can't when they do stuff like this all the time. If you are 2010 your tution will be north of 20K no doubt maybe north 30K when you graduate. Good luck wherever you decide to go. You wil make the right descion hopefully someone at the school will let you know about this.


"Hey All,
Below is an outline of action that is going on this week with the state legislature and our school's funding. As many of you likely heard, the legislature currently has written out of the budget bill the 23 million dollars that the President of CU asked for to support UCHSC, and if you divide that number evenly by the 2,000 or so students we have at UCHSC, that gives you an $11,500 tuition increase to recoup those costs. Given that our program is one of the most expensive, the number needed from our students would likely be higher than that...but it's a starting point. We, and especially those poor little innocent Class of 2010'ers, who don't know what's coming at them right now, REALLY need everyone's help here.
The students will be meeting Monday afternoon at 4PM in the 2nd Floor Lecture Hall with Deans Krugman, Kaye and Garrity, as well as the SOM lobbyist Kirsten Castleman to discuss this situation and what we can do, so please come.
Then, Thursday, we will have the CMS Lobby Day at the capitol, where we will need huge numbers of white-coated medical students to remind those legislators who it is that they're talking about hurting right now. There will be a strategy session with the CMS lobbyists on Tuesday night at 6 in Shiver's, with FOOD PROVIDED (Yum, food plus strategery...) You don't need to talk to anybody at the capitol on Thursday if you don't want(though it would really help), we just need to make a strong statement to reming them that we actually EXIST, and it is real people who are getting hurt here at our campus if they go forward with their plans to slash our funding once again.
If (at least) 10 grand out of your pocket doesn't get you out there, do it for those people who really want to practice in rural areas, where huge med school debt will make it impossible for them to live that action, please.
See more info on this below, and please RSVP for lobby day and the orientation/stategy session to [email protected] as soon as possible so we can get everyone organized.
Thanks,
Steve"
 
Hockeyguy said:
For those who don't know I am fourth year student at CU. The e-mail below is one I recieved this evening and sort of is a real example of what I have been saying. Will you get a great education at CU -YES. Will you meet some awesome docs and make lifelong friends - FOR SURE. Will the administration treat you like a pice of s h i t - Well read this e-mail and judge for yourself. Unfortunatley I wish I could endorse CU with a full heart but I can't when they do stuff like this all the time. If you are 2010 your tution will be north of 20K no doubt maybe north 30K when you graduate. Good luck wherever you decide to go. You wil make the right descion hopefully someone at the school will let you know about this.


"Hey All,
Below is an outline of action that is going on this week with the state legislature and our school's funding. As many of you likely heard, the legislature currently has written out of the budget bill the 23 million dollars that the President of CU asked for to support UCHSC, and if you divide that number evenly by the 2,000 or so students we have at UCHSC, that gives you an $11,500 tuition increase to recoup those costs....

that's disturbing. i can get myself psyched about CU, but a big tuition increase would definitely put a damper on that.