Colorado DPT Programs 2020-2021

Started by dptatusc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How did everyone's University of Colorado interviews go today? I knocked mine out back-to-back this morning. I won't give insight into their questions since they asked us not to divulge specifics, but I will say that it was a really comfortable process and I enjoyed spending the time with faculty individually!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did everyone's University of Colorado interviews go today? I knocked mine out back-to-back this morning. I won't give insight into their questions since they asked us not to divulge specifics, but I will say that it was a really comfortable process and I enjoyed spending the time with faculty individually!
I agree, it was so nice having that one-on-one! I really hope mine went well
 
How did everyone's University of Colorado interviews go today? I knocked mine out back-to-back this morning. I won't give insight into their questions since they asked us not to divulge specifics, but I will say that it was a really comfortable process and I enjoyed spending the time with faculty individually!
Mine are done! I think they went well but both of my faculty members were super noncommittal which makes it hard to tell how well they went. But I think they went alright!
 
How did everyone's University of Colorado interviews go today? I knocked mine out back-to-back this morning. I won't give insight into their questions since they asked us not to divulge specifics, but I will say that it was a really comfortable process and I enjoyed spending the time with faculty individually!
I did both of mine today as well! I loved it. It was so nice having one on one time with them. CU really puts the students first and i'm so anxious to find out if I am accepted. Unfortunately Regis denied me an interview, but CU is my top choice anyways so I am so happy both of our interviews rocked! We got this!
 
Yaaaay, fingers crossed you get bumped up! This makes me so nervous because I thought they were sending out notifications tomorrow 😳
Thank you!! I’ll be anxiously hoping I can come off the alternate list. I felt the same way... I was so surprised when I saw the email.
 
Received a conditional offer to Regis today! Just have to finish my degree 😄 I'm still going to wait to hear from CU Anschutz and then decide between the two, if offered.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received a conditional offer to Regis today! Just have to finish my degree 😄 I'm still going to wait to hear from CU Anschutz and then decide between the two, if offered.
I got an email talking about conditional admission, but it didn't exactly say I was accepted. Can you tell me what exactly your email said? I emailed Brooke Hasan, but haven't heard back...
 
I got an email talking about conditional admission, but it didn't exactly say I was accepted. Can you tell me what exactly your email said? I emailed Brooke Hasan, but haven't heard back...
Yeah, weird, I received that email about twenty minutes before the acceptance email. PM me your email and I'll forward it!
 
I am waitlisted at both Regis and CU. Any advice?
I also second this, I accepted a spot at another program but CU is my top choice. From the past few cohorts it looks like they accepted around 100 each year and only enrolled 70ish. Does that mean around 30 or so people were pulled from the waitlist?
 
Last edited:
Anyone else on h

I also second this, I accepted a spot at another program but CU is my top choice. From the past few cohorts it looks like they accepted around 100 each year and only enrolled 70ish. Does that mean around 30 or so people were pulled from the waitlist?
I think maybe the 100 is accepted+waitlist? and then the 70 is how many end up accepting their seat?
 
Congrats on everyone who was accepted to Regis and CU! I'm still on the waitlist for both schools. Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything additional from either school about updates?
I know you're not asking everyone, but perhaps you could reach out and request an update on the waitlist numbers? I'm not sure if that would be 'professional' necessarily in the grand scheme of this application process. You could word the request in a very polite non-demanding manner and maybe Lauren or Brooke wouldn't mind sharing how close you are to being next in line, so-to-speak. Couldn't hurt to ask if nobody else here has info, imo, but they may not be allowed to share those numbers with you.

"I am on the waitlist for your program and I am really interested in attending it this coming summer/fall. I am doing my best to make the right decision for my circumstances, so if you are able to share any information on how many candidates are "ahead" of me on the waitlist, it may ease my decision-making process in the next month with other programs. While I do understand this is a sensitive time for all applicants, I am hoping that I can use these numbers to make a more informed decision and perhaps, in the meantime, relieve a little anxiety while other applicants accept or decline offers....."

idk, I would write something like that, but again I'm not sure if that is frowned upon to reach out. I've always heard the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" over the years and I've taken that to heart 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know you're not asking everyone, but perhaps you could reach out and request an update on the waitlist numbers? I'm not sure if that would be 'professional' necessarily in the grand scheme of this application process. You could word the request in a very polite non-demanding manner and maybe Lauren or Brooke wouldn't mind sharing how close you are to being next in line, so-to-speak. Couldn't hurt to ask if nobody else here has info, imo, but they may not be allowed to share those numbers with you.

"I am on the waitlist for your program and I am really interested in attending it this coming summer/fall. I am doing my best to make the right decision for my circumstances, so if you are able to share any information on how many candidates are "ahead" of me on the waitlist, it may ease my decision-making process in the next month with other programs. While I do understand this is a sensitive time for all applicants, I am hoping that I can use these numbers to make a more informed decision and perhaps, in the meantime, relieve a little anxiety while other applicants accept or decline offers....."

idk, I would write something like that, but again I'm not sure if that is frowned upon to reach out. I've always heard the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" over the years and I've taken that to heart 😀
CU from past forums I found on here roughly notifies the waitlist around that 10 day mark after the initial round of acceptances because I believe that is the deadline to submit the deposit. They kind of follow that same pattern until the class is full. I could be wrong though but based on others experiences and cross referencing the dates that it what makes sense. CU from the email said they would not notify students of placement on the waitlist, nor how many are on it. It is just more waiting unfortunately!
 
CU from past forums I found on here roughly notifies the waitlist around that 10 day mark after the initial round of acceptances because I believe that is the deadline to submit the deposit. They kind of follow that same pattern until the class is full. I could be wrong though but based on others experiences and cross referencing the dates that it what makes sense. CU from the email said they would not notify students of placement on the waitlist, nor how many are on it. It is just more waiting unfortunately!
Thanks for that insight, hopefully they'll send an email with more info sometime later this week! I appreciate you sharing that. 🙂
 
I know you're not asking everyone, but perhaps you could reach out and request an update on the waitlist numbers? I'm not sure if that would be 'professional' necessarily in the grand scheme of this application process. You could word the request in a very polite non-demanding manner and maybe Lauren or Brooke wouldn't mind sharing how close you are to being next in line, so-to-speak. Couldn't hurt to ask if nobody else here has info, imo, but they may not be allowed to share those numbers with you.

"I am on the waitlist for your program and I am really interested in attending it this coming summer/fall. I am doing my best to make the right decision for my circumstances, so if you are able to share any information on how many candidates are "ahead" of me on the waitlist, it may ease my decision-making process in the next month with other programs. While I do understand this is a sensitive time for all applicants, I am hoping that I can use these numbers to make a more informed decision and perhaps, in the meantime, relieve a little anxiety while other applicants accept or decline offers....."

idk, I would write something like that, but again I'm not sure if that is frowned upon to reach out. I've always heard the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" over the years and I've taken that to heart 😀
I completely agree with your thought process, and would do this, however, as "DPT Colorado" shared, they were clear in the email they sent that they wouldn't be providing any waitlist-specific info to students. Nonetheless, hopefully we'll be getting updated soon. Congrats on your acceptance, by the way!
 
I would like to send a LOCI to CU, however I’m having trouble deciding who to send it to. I’ve searched their staff and faculty lists and there doesn’t seem to be a dean of admission listed. Just wondering if anyone else has considered doing this yet and who they plan on sending It to.
 
I just accepted my seat at UColorado! I would love to start connecting with other students in the

I would like to send a LOCI to CU, however I’m having trouble deciding who to send it to. I’ve searched their staff and faculty lists and there doesn’t seem to be a dean of admission listed. Just wondering if anyone else has considered doing this yet and who they plan on sending It to.
I'd send it to Lauren
 
If anyone else is attending CU, but you're too shy to post 😜 -- feel free to PM me and we can connect! I'm not anyone special, just like getting to know people. I'm hoping Lauren gets that facebook group going soon so we can interact there!
- Jess
 
Has anyone heard about a possible FB group for CU so we can start connecting and looking for roommates and such? I'd love to start getting to know some folks! Definitely PM me if you are going to CU and want to connect on socials in the meantime. 🙂
 
To those accepted at CU - what was the deadline they gave for you to accept? Thanks in advance 🙂
 
For anyone who was accepted to Regis, what is the deadline to put down your deposit (if it hasn't already passed)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad