Colorado Interview....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi
I have been invited for the interview on June 14 but the details have not reached me yet. Those of you already in the school or who have been invited for the interview, can you please tell me the schedule so that I can make travel plans.
Will the practical exam and interview be conducted on a single day?
What time do they want us to reach on the day?
What time will we finish finally to go back?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey could some1 tell me what kind of questions r asked in d interview
n what kind of ethical questions??

they give you a scenario and you should find the correct aproach
ex: you have a 16 years old girl pacient, pregnant, and she needs some dental treatment, Do you discuss her situation with their parents or do you respect the privacy of medical information?

It is a book dental ethics and most of the questions were from there (not everybody had this kind of questions) .

Members don't see this ad :)
that's only a PERSONAL OPINION ,,, I recommend you keep it simple..

Last edited:
hello Ethos
can we borrow some instruments from the school there, on the day of
skill test. here the guys at airport show unhappy faces to the GMT's
and the hatchets. Anyways what instruments will be provided by the school.

hello,
how many of you have done accomodation ?as we r looking for accomodation bt don't know which hotel would be economical and convient to reach.Which hotels u guys have booked?plz let us know
any advise appreciated,

rickscorp I don't think u can...
u better just put them in ur luggage bad..
of course u can't carry with u on the plane.. luggage bag would be ok...

hello,
how many of you have done accomodation ?as we r looking for accomodation bt don't know which hotel would be economical and convient to reach.Which hotels u guys have booked?plz let us know
any advise appreciated,

hi there
i have arranged for an accomodation, near to the school, but will
get confirmation in day or two. send me ur email , if anything turns up
i will let you know. .my interview is on 7th june..anything between
50-100 is economical. if you got rental car, can be in radius of 5-10
km's.:sleep:

can we check out some way, when the information
package have been sent

Hi Denver ISP & Ethos,
can you pls let me know of any hotels at walking distance of the school or nearby. The interview date is on a Saturday, that means the school will be closed other than for the interview people?
By what time is the interview day likely to finish?
Thanks

depth at pulpal floor is 1.5mm
depth at mesial axial wall is 1.5mm.
should i measure the floor depth from cavosurface near the central pit??
and regarding nesial axial wall, from cavosurface near the cusp???
i am confused..
please enlighten:confused:

I'm not sure if there is any hotels within a walking distance from the school.. u might find a motel... the Marriott hotel is within 5-10 mins from the school on the way from the airport..

Last edited:
Always go back to the reference book.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
any guy still looking for accomodation

any guy still looking for accomodation

Hi Rickscorp,

I too will be attending the interview on 7th. I am from India and infact just landed yesterday. Kindly let me know if an accomodation is available.

Regards.

Hi Rickscorp,

I too will be attending the interview on 7th. I am from India and infact just landed yesterday. Kindly let me know if an accomodation is available.

Regards.

i have sent my email id as private message in ur inbox, u can contact me anytime

Hey Guys,
I wanted to know do we need to take anything else with us other than instruments for the interview like scrubs?Please tell me.

Hi Ethos, Denver ISP and interviewees,
We all will wear formal clothes for the interview but then what do we wear for the practical test?????? or do we take the test in formal clothes????

You will wear Gouns over ur formal clothes..

Last edited:
I was curious to know as how long do they general interview a candidate and how many people interview each indiviual. Thanks

Last edited:
they know how stressful this can be to u.. and will take that into consideration.. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey Ethos Thanks for all ur help i trully appertiate it.

Last edited:
Doctors who attended the interview on the 7th can you please share your experience and any recommendations to prepare for the interview on the 14th thanks

Hi Guys,
I have the interview on june 14th and I am thrilled. I have been waiting for this for a long time. I saw Ethos and Denver ISP posts and they were very helpful. thanks guys/girls! Will you be there at the time of the interview? that will help us all.
Good luck to u all and see u on the 14th.!!

Hi all,

Please post ur experience on the interview... What type of questions do they ask? who interviewd u? Ethos or denver ISP can u tell us what exactly do they look at a candidate??? I am really nervous....i don't know what to prepare...:idea:
what kind of people are in the committee? :idea:
thanks a lot!!

hi guys....
so. i am the first one to post my experience here....
the interview was very non intimidating. very friendly. more like a conversation than an interview for me. Asked me
-what do you think about denver?
-how do you think your training compares with the dentist you work as an assistant with?
-how do you think you are better than the people sitting outside waiting for the interview?
-what would you say if you had to sell yourself to us?
-future plans, personal life?
-teaching system in my country.....?

the practical tooth prep was oky but i really ran out of time for the waxing exercise.....did VERY bad on that. not at all hopeful but i hope you all do well. all students are very helpful and the campus is beautiful...
i finally got to meet ethos and thank him personally..... :) very helpful in person as well...
Good luck to you all....do ask me if you guys have further questions

The Interview experience went really well with some applicants I met. Others felt their interview didn't end up going smoothly..

Last edited:
the whole interview session was very systematic and organised. everybody, including the interviewers and the isp students tried their best to make it as relaxing as possible. my advice for the candidate's on june 14th is to just stay calm, as u all r going to be amidst the best people around regading this interview.
good luck.:thumbup:

hi there i need accomodation close to the school for the interview 14the june is there anybody willing to share (male).
last year they were asked to write on who is a good dentist does anybody know what they were asked last saturday
for the wax carving the tip of the was should it be shaped as a pyramid or a cone

Hi guys, I had my interview on 7th june. It was really a nice experience, All I would say is time yourself for the practicals and be yourself during your interview. I think that is the key to success. ISP students are very helpful and very nice people. gud luck guys for the interview on 14th june.

Hi everybody,
I also had my interview on the 7th....so posting my experience. The MO prep is on 19 and crown prep on 3. The wax exercises include the green stick in the shape of bullet and the letters O and S to be filled with sticky wax.
The interview was divided into 6 groups. The interview was cool for me and they asked very general question like why dentistry, why US etc but i did come to know from few others that group 3 and 4 had a tough time. Anybody who got the Delta dental should post their experience also. They asked some case based questions also.
Rest do maintain ur cool and be urself. All the ISP students were very helpful. Special thanks to Ethos once again. All the very best to everyone attending their interviews on the 14th. Any questions, do let me know.

hi all!!
I have my interview on june 14th can anyone plz let me know that what instruments CU is providing for the practical exam?

CU provides with the basic instruments like mouth mirror, probe and also a carver for the wax exercises. Also the basic burs for crown cutting and opertive. You can bring ur own instruments if u want to except the handpiece.

CU provides with the basic instruments like mouth mirror, probe and also a carver for the wax exercises. Also the basic burs for crown cutting and opertive. You can bring ur own instruments if u want to except the handpiece.

Do you have any idea about the RPM of the handpieces UC provides?
I tried to prep a tooth with 35,000 RPM and it took forever
Thanks

Last edited:
Do you have any idea about the RPM of the handpieces UC provides?
I tried to prep a tooth with 35,000 RPM and it took forever
Thanks

Its 1000-40000 X 5
so don't worry about speed:cool:

Thanks

Last edited:
Is it possible to know if the second group on June 14 will get the same Tooth Number for the same tooth preparation exercise? Also,from past experience, did both the group last year got the same preparation to do?

Thanks in advance.

The tooth preparation and the teeth will be the same for both the groups. You will begin the day with an orientation at 8:00am during which you will be informed about the teeth to be prepared which will be the same for both the groups.
All the best.

Do most of the men wear suits for the interview?
Thanks

I think I blew it. The wax went all over the place, like I sneezed over it. I then nicked the adjacent tooth. The Kilgore teeth are like butter in the center. I know the first batch did poorly. I just hope I got on the waiting list. I feel depressed. What is everyone elses experience?

ECE GPA 3.87
Toefl 109
Manipal Honour Student

Hey,
Dont worry , you will be fine but just a curiousquestion how do you know the first batch did poorly?

Hey,
Dont worry , you will be fine but just a curiousquestion how do you know the first batch did poorly?

PFM is right. Its true... first batch people did real bad. PFM and I saw everyones work (including the second batch) and we talked to the evaluators as well ... though they advised us that next year we should rather spend more time on our own work :(

ECE GPA 2.87
Toefl 100
Manipal Honour Student (though i know manipal doesnt make any such "dean's list")

Ok PFM2008 and ameloblastoma ,,, I wouldn't spread such rumors and generalizations.

both batches did well.. in fact,,, the 1st one was really strong.....

Last edited:
I think I blew it. The wax went all over the place, like I sneezed over it. I then nicked the adjacent tooth. The Kilgore teeth are like butter in the center. I know the first batch did poorly. I just hope I got on the waiting list. I feel depressed. What is everyone elses experience?

ECE GPA 3.87
Toefl 109
Manipal Honour Student

hey PFM u seem to be a real good student... seeing all ur achievements in ur 1st post... just gettin a lil confused?? u were there for 1st batch interview or 2nd?? as u said u were in 2nd and ameloblastoma and u saw 1st batch's work??

dont feel depressed,with ur profile, u will have many places to go..

as far as i know 100 students appeared..no batch prepared together at one school to do well or bad.. everyone's different..so everybody, keep the hopes alive...all the best to all:thumbup:

I wish everyone the best

Last edited:
!!

Last edited:
Hei ameloblastoma,

Weren't u accepted at USC? what were u doing in Colorado at the interview? How was it possible for you to see "all the preps"? Who told you specifically that the preps were bad? I am just curious.....
Thanks.