Colorado Interview....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ethos and denver isp
hi guys
ur posts are of immense guidance and appreciate
help from both of u guys.
Can u suggest whether we are going to use the air
turbine or the electric drill for making our preprations?
thanks

Etho
hi guys
thanks

I agree Ethos and Denverisp have been of great help. Can someone pls clarify whats the diff btw electric drill and turbine.Which one is the faster of the two.

thanks

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hi there
air turbine is propelled by air pressure
whereas electric motor is an electrical unit
which is generally around 35000rpm.
air turbine can achieve upto 3,00,000 rpm
and is more effective in cutting with more
control.

Thanks a lot Ethos and Denver ISP these are very valuable informations, i was wondering if the teeth used for colombia typodont is similar to the ones used fore kilgore or these there is a big difference between them please let me know thanks again for the great information and God bless

Ethos and denver isp
hi guys
thanks

You are going to use "the electric drill for making our preprations"
Kilgore teeth look smaller than Columbia and have different occlusal anatomy,

practice....

Last edited:
For the ISP at Colorado, Do they have any preference for people in or out of state?...

Thanks.

Hi Ethos and denver isp,
can you pls tell how long will it take for us to get the results of the interview.
Thanks

they have no preference for in state or out of state , not even any preference if u r permanent resident or on F1 visa , they dont care .

and for the reply usually first week of july , but during the interview they will tell u exactly when u should here from them .

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, anybody from nyc preparing for colorado university bench exam. I got invitation from colorado university and want to prepare for bench exam. So, we can do together.

hey, even I received an interview call for jun 7th. anyone else from chicago area
interested in preparations together?

Hi Denver ISP:

Thank you for the info. Ethos and you are great!!!

HI everyone....i got an interview call from colorado...its on 14th june.....im looking for accomodation.....i would like to share accomodation with any males who have booked/booking a room.....i willl be reachng denver on 13th noon.....

i'm scheduled for the interview on June 14

Last edited:
hi ya'll!

For practice teeth, you might want to check out www.kilgoreinternational.com. I bought the upper/lower jaw models for $121 (hard gingiva, 32 teeth)..also there's one with soft gingiva/32 teeth for around $153...just check out the website for specifics.

Last edited:
good luck to us all! :)

Last edited:
thanks ethos and denver isp for the info about interview.

Thanks ethos and denver ISP for the info

Hi incision
me and fauchard are sharing accomodation. U can join us .Kindly send me ur contact no and i will contact u.

Thanks for all the help

Last edited:
wHAT BURS CAN BE USED

Last edited:
U need to use a chamfer diamond bur, medium size.
I prefer the round end as shown in the pic.
make sure not to go more than half of the bur, otherwise u gonna form a lip on the finish line. u need half of the bur longitudinally to form the finish line.

goldvq2.jpg

:corny:

Thank you so much and what number of bur should be used for occlusal reduction?

Last edited:
U can use the same chamfer bur for the occlusal reduction...

Last edited:
Thank you so much. very few people really ake out time and help students. Iamvery very thank ful to you

u need to divide the 3 hours between the 2 labs...

Last edited:
\
good luck everyone

Last edited:
Hi denver ISP & ethos,
are we not given any instruments (hatchet, perio probe) , burs by the school for the class 2 and crown preparation?
do we have to put the rubber dam for any preparation?
and are we allowed to take personal burs or any thing else we might find useful for the preparations?
Thanks for all the help to both of you

good luck everyone

Last edited:
if we get to do the #3 crown prep ,then do we need to do it in indirect vision.
means are they particular with the chair position or flexible,while doin the crown prep.feed back is appreciated.

no the only instruments u will get are the mouth miror, explorer and cotton plier, for the burs i think u will get basic set up of burs but for sure there wont be finishing burs and may be only u will get 330 and 56 burs and a chamfer bur , and ya u can bring any instruments u want with u , so just in case if u i were u i would bring all the instruments that i would think i might use .
for sure u will need enamel hatchet and gingival margin trimer at least and a set of finishing burs anything extra will help u for sure

No rubber dam....

Last edited:
No rubber dam....

Regarding direct/indirect vision.. they will prefer seeing u setting the right posture... but hey.. they will not grade that!! focus on ur prep. u can switch from indirect to direct whenever needed. i would recommend to do whatever to get a good prep.

The only thing that matters at the End is the preps u did... not how well u were setting while doing them..

Are we allowed to use for eg a matrix band so that we dont touch the adjacent tooth is that ok. reply will be apperciated.

Thanks

Hi Ethos and Denver isp i was wondering if we got a PFM prep, is it gonna be on an anterior tooth or posterior and for the wax exercise do you know a place that we can buy the same exact wax or something similar so we get to train for the exam thanks for all you help guys its really helpful God bless you both.

-matrix band/wedges: Yes

Last edited:
hi.
this may be a bit late,but i have my interview on th 14th .
ill be flying from LA on the 12/13.is there any female willing to share accomodation?
thanks.

Thank you so much for all the info.

Last edited:
Hi incision
me and fauchard are sharing accomodation. U can join us .Kindly send me ur contact no and i will contact u.

hey guys, I have my interview on the 14 th as well and am arranging my trip from india(ill be flying from SF on the 12th ).since u people are sharing accommodation, could u let me know the details,coz i, as yet havent found any1 to share accommodation and would rather check-in at the same place so tht we could go to school together ,if thts alright with u.
please let me know at the earliest....
thanks a ton.

hey, I am willing to share accommodation for 6 night. Anybody intersted please reply me.

Criteria for Amalgam Preparation

1. The preparation should be approximately 1.5 mm. deep at the pulpal floor.
2. The preparation should be approximately 1.5 mm. deep at the mesial axial wall.
3. The buccal, lingual, and gingival extensions of the mesial box must be free of contact with the adjacent tooth.
4. The cavosurface margins should be near 90°, with no unsupported enamel.
5. The walls should be near parallel or slightly undercut in order to provide mechanical retention for the alloy
6. Retention grooves may be optionally placed in the buccal and lingual walls at the bucco-axial and linguo-axial line angles. but i dont think u have to do them , only put the retention grooves if they ask u to do that
7. Extensions of the occlusal outline are as described in the clinical conditions. meaning u extend to all fissures and pits, be careful not to undermine the distal pit , do not over extend distally just into the distal pit and that is it .

Criteria for the Full Cast Crown preparation

1. The occlusal reduction should provide for 1.5-2 mm. of clearance from the opposing occlusal surfaces.1-1.5 non-functional cusps, and 1.5-2mm on the functional cusps, and make sure u put the functional cusp bevel emphasis on the second plan on the functional cusp
2. The occlusal reduction should generally preserve the occlusal anatomy of the tooth, providing for uniform reduction.
3. The axial walls should be free from undercuts and tapered approximately 8-10 degrees from the long axis of the tooth.
4. The finish line should be a chamfer profile, equal in diameter to 1/2 the diameter of the largest chamfer diamond that you are provided.
5. The finish line should be between 0.5 mm. and 1.0 mm. coronal to the free gingival margin and follow the contour of the free gingival margin.

u might be asked to do a PFM prep. instead of FGC what u do is just start with chamfer all around and same exact prep. for FGC then just make a shoulder buccally extending beyond the contact lingually with width at least 1.2 mm

Your examination will be the preparation of a proximo-occlusal Class II cavity MO and a full gold crown preparation or PFM .

1. You will have 3 hours for this examination.

2. This exam is to be conducted with the dentoform properly mounted in the simulator and in the correct operating position at all times. Working on teeth out of the simulator and/or dentoform will result in immediate failure of the examination.

3. When you have completed all the preparations to your satisfaction, return the dentoform to the front of the room and you will be free to proceed to the waxing exercise.

4. Waxing exercise will consist of two projects that will be detailed at the morning orientation.

5. After completing the waxing exercise to your satisfaction the project will be turned in to the examination proctor and you may leave.

6. Please remember you will have 3 hours to complete this examination.
try to finish the restorative part by 1.5-2 hours and 1 hour for the waxing

good luck everyone, and i hope that will help u all

Thanx alot for the detailed info..may God bless u...

can you please send me your email as it would be easier to communicate via email

[Last year ,they asked us to write on a paper what are three qualities for an ideal dentist ,,,,,,,,,,,,They wanted only three short sentences .
They provided all instruments , BUT the burs were used , I could not make correct preparations .You are allowed to bring all you need and my advice is to bring everything from your home .
On the interview ,some of us had "ethical " question ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not bad ideea to buy a book and to read a little bit before .

Good luck for the interview !

Hi drabc
can u explain some more about ethical questions and what we shd read in particular any topic.
thanks.