Colorado vs UMass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iMM_Elysium

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For context, I am a Canadian applicant who was lucky enough to get into both of these schools! I was wondering if I could get some help on deciding which of these schools are better!

UMASS PROS:
- slightly cheaper cost of attendance (100k vs 110k)
- would be part of their PURCH program
- have family nearby
- have heard great things about wellness (e.g. giving a week off after each block)

UMASS CONS:
- have heard that the school is slightly disorganized
- harder to obtain research

COLORADO PROS:
- higher ranked
- better research opportunities
- i think i would prefer living in colorado over Massachusetts
- clinical might be shifting to p/f

COLORADO CONS:
- not sure if i like the accelerated preclinical (only one year)
- without much clinical experience, I feel nervous about jumping into clerkships in second year
- higher cost of attendance