Columbia Alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I forgot to mention that I also had someone write me another rec letter at the beginning of May.

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to mention that I also had someone write me another rec letter at the beginning of May.

Yes, I did too (in March).

As for my letters: each of them had a theme. Of course, the topic was always the same, but I approached it from a different angle each time. A current P&S student who got off the waitlist two years ago told me to be interesting and to share my enthusiasm, so I tried my best.

how often did you guys call dr. frantz??

ive sent in a number of updates regarding summer, end of the year activities etc. but im wondering if at this point i can just send in "yes, columbia is still my top choice" letter ....

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you could also talk about how your interest has evolved/grown/intensified over the last couple months?

anyone talk to dr frantz recently???

i heard they're currently overenrolled by 4 .... guess my chances dont look good :(

is all hope lost at this point? I've sent so many letters, extra letters of rec, etc. Looks like I just wasn't a good fit...

is all hope lost at this point? I've sent so many letters, extra letters of rec, etc. Looks like I just wasn't a good fit...

Don't worry... I'm sure you're still being "actively considered".

Last edited:
Resurrecting for 2009.

From page 1:
"That's their normal waitlist. It's rumored to be around ~300 applicants large, of which 35-60 will ultimately be accepted. Most of the movement in past years has happened in May."

Resurrecting for 2009.

From page 1:
"That's their normal waitlist. It's rumored to be around ~300 applicants large, of which 35-60 will ultimately be accepted. Most of the movement in past years has happened in May."

No need to resurrect this thread; recently we have started moving all school-specific discussions to their own forum to cut down the massive amount of school-specific information in the main pre-allo forum, which you can find at the top of the pre-allo main page. You should be able to find a thread in there about Columbia, probably something like "2008-2009 Columbia Secondary Application Thread." :)