Program-Specific Info / Q's Columbia and NYU 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! What are your stats?
My resume is very different from an average applicant. My physical and mental illnesses has made me unique in a way that I have numerous awards and honors and experiences as a result. My personal and educational story is what I feel made me equivalent to those with numerous extracurricular, community service, or clinical experiences. (so I am not sure if my stats are very helpful)

Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.94
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Letter of Rec: 2 OT, 1 professor, 1 private employer

Work
-Special Needs Caregiver for 6 years
-After school nanny for 4 years
-Aid at Pediatric PT Yoga Studio
-Special Needs camp counselor

Observation hours
- 48 hours in outpatient Pediatrics
-22 hours outpatient Hand THerapy

Members don't see this ad.

My resume is very different from an average applicant. My physical and mental illnesses has made me unique in a way that I have numerous awards and honors and experiences as a result. My personal and educational story is what I feel made me equivalent to those with numerous extracurricular, community service, or clinical experiences. (so I am not sure if my stats are very helpful)

Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.94
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Letter of Rec: 2 OT, 1 professor, 1 private employer

Work
-Special Needs Caregiver for 6 years
-After school nanny for 4 years
-Aid at Pediatric PT Yoga Studio
-Special Needs camp counselor

Observation hours
- 48 hours in outpatient Pediatrics
-22 hours outpatient Hand THerapy
Oh I see. You have pretty good stats. My idea is that they’re basing it off of the pre-requisite gpa, but I could be wrong.

if you want neuro rehab you want dawn nilsen and glen Gilen. they prepared me awesome for my neurological rehab career.
That's so good to hear!! I'm applying this cycle and Columbia is my top choice for this reason! I'm so interested in neuro-OT and Dr. Nilsen and Dr. Gilen's research looks awesome!!! Any word of advice in the application or interview process? Thank you!