Columbia, Carnegie Mellon health care management?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if anyone on here knows anything about the health care management programs at Columbia and Carnegie Mellon? Any information on salaries and employers for either program would be greatly appreciated. On Columbia, does anyone have any information on housing? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Cue! :)

I don't know much about Columbia U's program BUT I've heard that they send their students to pretty good places for internships, or so I've heard....Have you checked the web site on the program? I haven't heard much about Carneggie Mellon's program....What I will tell you though is (this may be irrelevant but I'll say it anyway............) I was looking at the AHRQ site (Agency For Healthcare Research and Quality) and one of the employees at teh AHRQ got her her master's in public policy from CM working with health cost or utilization or something...My point is that this CM alum with the master's works at AHRQ (this should mean something I guess),,,,Ask CM to send you some information....

I've heard that you need to put in for housing RIGHT NOW at Carneggie Mellon, if you're considering it....Not sure about columbia

Hi, thanks for that information. I know that Columbia's program is offered through a school of public health that is accredited by the main accrediting body for schools of public health. Carnegie's program is also accredited, but by a different program since it is not a school of public health. Not sure what, if anything, that means for degree holders, post graduation.

Has anyone gone through either program who can comment on the pro's and cons?