Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

The Second "acceptance day" can't be sooner than 30 days after December 15th. So roughly around January 14th-January 16th they could probably start accepting more students. No one knows for sure how many spots are filled on initial acceptance day. But like @macsak alluded to above, they have high turnover for their seats. Presumably bc of high costs and being in NYC, and maybe a number of other things. Lets focus on the positives, you got an interview! Now lets see what happens come december/january. You never know.
it can be sooner than 30 days after dec 15
it's more practical to wait until then, because you would have a better idea how full your class is
but there's nothing to prevent a school that had a ton of cancellations between 12/15 and the end of the year to have a meeting and choose the next round in the beginning of january when school gets back in session...

Members don't see this ad.

it can be sooner than 30 days after dec 15
it's more practical to wait until then, because you would have a better idea how full your class is
but there's nothing to prevent a school that had a ton of cancellations between 12/15 and the end of the year to have a meeting and choose the next round in the beginning of january when school gets back in session...
True, very true. I just like to stay consistent. Yes it can happen, but don’t need nervous pre dents reading that it could possibly happen and then stress out when it doesn’t.

Notification date: 9/26
Method of notification: Email
Residency: international
AADSAS mail-out date: ~7/30
Application complete date: 8/24
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.80 Overall: 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA, 24TS, 22 PAT, 24 RC, No
Method of interview: virtual 1/24

based on last year's thread I feel like I'm literally among the last to be interviewed..

I'm 1/26 if it makes you feel any better haha. Can only do our best now haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
True, very true. I just like to stay consistent. Yes it can happen, but don’t need nervous pre dents reading that it could possibly happen and then stress out when it doesn’t.
consistency and stress reduction are fine, but i'm a truthteller...
:cool:

Interview #3
Notification date:
8/14
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.79; Overall: 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 23 PAT, 26 Reading, No sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual - date selected for you (September 29)
How did the interview go for you?

I really enjoyed it, it was very friendly and chill, basically asked the questions on the sdn interview page
Awesome, thanks for the info. Don’t know why, but somehow most nervous for Columbia’s interview (I think cuz it’s virtual and shorter than the rest lol). Either way, thanks again!

I just got email from them with link to pay the supplemental fee. I applied two months ago but just got the supplemental email. Is that a good sign at a possible invite for interview? Anybody know?

Notification date: 9/26
Residency: international
AADSAS mail-out date: ~7/30
Application complete date: 8/24
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.80 Overall: 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA, 24TS, 22 PAT, 24 RC, No
Method of interview: virtual 1/24

based on last year's thread I feel like I'm literally among the last to be interviewed..
would you rather not be invited at all?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here was awesome. Very chill and laid back. Whoever has a future interview with them, don't stress to much! Just be yourself, and you'll do great. Everyone in the faculty seemed extremely personable and comfortable.

Hmm weird. Some people seemed to have a completely opposite experience.
Interesting, tbh the interview experience for us must depend on the interviewers themselves highly

Interviewing here was awesome. Very chill and laid back. Whoever has a future interview with them, don't stress to much! Just be yourself, and you'll do great. Everyone in the faculty seemed extremely personable and comfortable.

That’s great to hear! How long was it?

That’s great to hear! How long was it?
mine was around 55 minutes i think it was the longest in my group because i was the last one to go back to the main room. my friend had around 30 min so it varies depending your interviewer i think

Is the entire interview day online? Also I have my interview this week and never got a conformation email, was I supposed to confirm?

they did 9am est last year thought it would be the same this year 😭😭

Yeah its strange, I wonder if it will be later in the day

Accepted via email at 9:26am EST. AADSAS also updated to "Offer Made"

If I haven't heard back does that mean I was rejected?

Maybe? Could also mean many things, like waitlist, or it could be that they are sending acceptances in batches! I wouldn’t spend time worrying about it, whatever happens happens.

i think they would just send out rejection. The reason I know I just got one from UConn lol. If there is nothing change, I believe that you should trust the process . :)

Is the facebook group for accepted students an annual thing to find roommates?

Is the facebook group for accepted students an annual thing to find roommates?
usually the class officers of the most recently accepted class will set up a chat or fb group...

i think they would just send out rejection. The reason I know I just got one from UConn lol. If there is nothing change, I believe that you should trust the process . :)
Lmao yes I got a rejection notice from UConn too. I think Columbia will tell you. They're very good at communicating these compared to some other schools IMO.

Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance! Columbia University has made a facebook page for everyone who has received and acceptance to the school. This is a platform to ask any questions you may have about the school and interact with upperclassman. We look forward to helping you make an informed decision about attending our school. Congratulations again and I hope you all find success.

If there's no update in the portal, does that mean waitlisted?

Did anyone who had a post dec 15th interview hear back?

Does everyone who interviewed pre December get on the waitlist? And does anyone know what the waitlist movement is like?

Pls post if any January interviewees hear anything back

Is “I’ll see you soon buddy” during a handshake after interview by a well respected senior faculty member a good sign? How much of a guarantee is this?
good sign, but not a guarantee...