Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Is “I’ll see you soon buddy” during a handshake after interview by a well respected senior faculty member a good sign? How much of a guarantee is this?
They had in person interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Why would he give false hope if it wasn’t a guarantee. That’s cruel
maybe he was being polite?
maybe he was just making conversation?

have you never told someone, "see you soon" or "see you later" or "looking forward to see you again" when you didn't totally mean it?
were you at that time giving someone "false hope"?

Members don't see this ad :)
I avoid saying such things in case people take it as harassment. But I see your point. I will go sit on the shower floor for 9 hours

I avoid saying such things in case people take it as harassment. But I see your point. I will go sit on the shower floor for 9 hours
Hey, I know what admissions said to you can get your hopes up...trust me, I've been in interviews where they said, "we'll see you next year" or "this is one of the best interviews I've had with a candidate" and BOOM. I am waitlisted post-dec. My word of advice: don't take those words to your heart and most importantly, also don't let that crush you...you made this THIS FAR into the cycle and you should be extremely proud. This is for everyone in this thread or someone who's reading thinking about applying to dental school. This is a hard process and you need to give yourself more credit. You'll be in and out of dental school and will be a dentist no matter what. Just think that you did your absolute best on your end and it's up to them and if they don't take it, then their loss! Keep your head up.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted via email on Friday as well around 4:00 CT. Interviewed the second week of January.

Reactions: 1 users
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.72 Overall: 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26AA, 29TS, 24 PAT, 23 RC, No

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone waitlisted in February heard anything back?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know if the class is finalized already or if some students are still holding multiple deposits 😭

I'm so sad

Do you know if the class is finalized already or if some students are still holding multiple deposits 😭

I'm so sad
the schools have known since the beginning of march which students are holding multiple spots...

Did you call them? Or did they tell you over email?
I emailed. The adcom person told me, and I quote, "It is common for unexpected situation to arise", and they will only consider waitlisted candidates then.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Last edited: