Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Columbia College of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center School of Dental and Oral Surgery Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Columbia College of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.71
DAT: 23.9AA, 23.6TS, 21.7PAT
Applied: 1,501
OOS: 1,115 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 126 Accepted
IS: 259 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 39 Accepted
International: 127 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 4 Accepted
# Enrolled: 88
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.72
Science GPA: 3.69
DAT: 24.0AA, 24.0TS, 21.8PAT
Applied: 1,503
OOS: 1,042 Applied, 130 Accepted
IS: 300 Applied, 34 Accepted
International: 161 Applied, 10 Accepted
# Enrolled: 84
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.10-4.00
Overall: 3.23-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
just checking, we’re supposed to pay the supplementary fee through the link on the school website right? they won’t send an email for it?

just checking, we’re supposed to pay the supplementary fee through the link on the school website right? they won’t send an email for it?
they might eventually, but make sure when you pay through their website it asks for a dentpin or your AADSAS account number or some way to identify the payment to your application. You could email admissions for clarification if needed

Members don't see this ad :)
Did ur status change since u paid

does columbia offer fee waivers is anyone aware? they will not answer calls or emails

does columbia offer fee waivers is anyone aware? they will not answer calls or emails
Most schools will, according to their policy if you applied, and received, FAP. Otherwise most likely not.

It's a busy time for schools right now since they're getting ready for their incoming class for orientation. So admissions can be slow to reply back this time of year.

Just got the email that my application was received/is under review and my AADSAS status changed to that as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Got confirmation email. AADSAS status changed.

Reactions: 4 users
I paid july 10th and I only got an email saying they "successfully received your application and will commence the review process shortly." I haven't got an email that my app is complete tho, or that they received my supplemental fee, like I did for other schools? r they ghosting me?

I paid july 10th and I only got an email saying they "successfully received your application and will commence the review process shortly." I haven't got an email that my app is complete tho, or that they received my supplemental fee, like I did for other schools? r they ghosting me?
You should be okay, these things take time. Give it another week or 2 and then reach back out

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
Notification date:
8/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.79; Overall: 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 23 PAT, 26 Reading, No sections below 17
Method of interview: Virtual - date selected for you (September 29)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interview #3
Notification date:
8/14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 23 PAT, 26 Reading, No sections below 17
Did you get an email before the interview invite that the application was complete?

Interview #3
Notification date:
8/15
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.75; Overall: 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 28 TS, 23 PAT, N/A
Method of interview: Virtual (10/27)

Interview #3
Notification date:
8/14
did u fill out a supplemental app or only pay the fee?

Interview #8
Notification date:
8/15
Method of notification: email
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.77; Overall: 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 23 TS, 23 PAT, 30RC, No
Method of interview: virtual

Are we supposed to reply back to confirm the interview?.. The email did not explicitly say to confirm the interview date.

Haven't gotten an application completed or even received an email from Columbia and I submitted the first week of July, is there something wrong?
I applied on 5/30, and didn't get the "Columbia- Application Received/Under Review" email until July 10th, so I wouldn't worry!

I wouldn't worry! I applied on 5/30, got the "Columbia- Application Received/Under Review" email on 7/10, and then didn't hear anything else (no confirmation on app being complete or supplemental fee received) until my interview invite!

Interview #8
Notification date:
8/15
Method of notification: email
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.77; Overall: 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 23 TS, 23 PAT, 30RC, No
Method of interview: virtual
what day is your interview?

Interview #3
Notification date: 8/15
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.86 Overall: 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA, 23 TS, 24 PAT, 28 RC, NO
Method of interview: virtual (12.8)

Seems like they are going in order by DAT score. Can anyone confirm if this is how Columbia is sending interviews?
that's not how it works
not everyone who is a member posts their invites
and not everyone even knows this forum exists...

Obviously, this thread is not an accurate representation of the applicant pool. However, it is a good insight on which stats are getting interviews and which ones aren't. This is called OBSERVATION, a very important skill you need for dentistry my friend
lol, ok
since you know so much about how it works, i will leave it up to your OBSERVATION...

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone else hear for an interview? Does anyone know know how long they take between cycles of interviewing?

has anyone been able to get in contact with the admissions office? I have called multiple times and it goes straight to voicemail and they dont answer my emails. This is the phone number Ive been using: 212-305-3478.

"Please refrain from responding to this email or contacting us for additional information at this stage." - from my application complete email. It's still early in September, if your application wasn't complete in June, I wouldn't be worried until mid-October. If they want you they will let you know. Spamming them is not a good look.

Reactions: 4 users
Was there another wave of interview invitations sent out? or was it just the one that was sent on 8/15 that everyone above mentioned they heard back from?

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/26
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.58 Overall: 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26AA, 26 TS, 23 PAT, 24 RC, 30 QR
Method of interview: virtual (1/5)

can anyone offer some advice. i got an interview with 2 science letters and 1 dental letter but since i know they require 3 science letters i got another science professor to write a letter of rec. do I still send the science letter to them or do I hold off since I got an interview, what do I do with the third science letter now?

Interview #3
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: 8/24
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.73 Overall: 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA, 24TS, 23 PAT, 24 RC, No
Method of interview: virtual (1/5) (Lowkey sucks, gonna have to make a decision on a school before they reach out with acceptances)

Reactions: 1 users
We out here breaking the 25AA+ trend lol
Interview #3
Method of interview: virtual (1/5) (Lowkey sucks, gonna have to make a decision on a school before they reach out with acceptances)
JANUARY? thats crazy. My 22 AA didn't cut it HAHA

Interview #3
I know I was surprised to see a January date when it is still September

You guys think its a bad sign that we got January interviews not earlier? not sure what to think about it

You guys think its a bad sign that we got January interviews not earlier? not sure what to think about it
Don’t overthink. Trust the process. An interview is an interview. A lot of people decline the A due to the sheer costs of NYC. Friend got accepted last March and is a D1. Anything can happen.

it's better than being rejected or ghosted...

it's better than being rejected or ghosted...
all kidding aside, it's an invite, and one from a "prestigious" school
you should be happy and honored to get it
expensive schools like columbia have a ton of turnover, and there will be lots of spots available in january...

do you guys know if they will let you know of your acceptance/rejection following the interview sooner? or is there a specific "second acceptance day"
And like how many spots are usually left after the initial acceptance day on Dec 15th? My interview date is late January :/

CONGRATS everyone!

do you guys know if they will let you know of your acceptance/rejection following the interview sooner? or is there a specific "second acceptance day"
And like how many spots are usually left after the initial acceptance day on Dec 15th? My interview date is late January :/

CONGRATS everyone!
The Second "acceptance day" can't be sooner than 30 days after December 15th. So roughly around January 14th-January 16th they could probably start accepting more students. No one knows for sure how many spots are filled on initial acceptance day. But like @macsak alluded to above, they have high turnover for their seats. Presumably bc of high costs and being in NYC, and maybe a number of other things. Lets focus on the positives, you got an interview! Now lets see what happens come december/january. You never know.

Residency: international
AADSAS mail-out date: ~7/30
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.80 Overall: 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA, 24TS, 22 PAT, 24 RC, No
Method of interview: virtual 1/24

based on last year's thread I feel like I'm literally among the last to be interviewed..