Columbia=Georgetown, NYU=American?

Started by Shuff89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shuff89

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently hearing back from some postbac programs, and closely looking at New York City and Washington DC programs (for postbacs, not SMPs). It seems like Georgetown and Columbia have been getting similar representations--big name school, not so great overall experience, and that NYU and American are also comparable--better experience, not as big of a name.

However, I have not been able to find very recent information about Georgetown and American. Can anyone shed some light on the current state of the programs?

I am also considering Northwestern and Harvard Extension School, so any info on those would be great as well. Thanks!
 
I'm currently enrolled in the Health Careers Program at HES. I can't recommend the program highly enough. Every professor and TF/TA I've had are brilliant, Dr. Fixsen rocks and the location and price cannot be beat. That said, the classes are difficult, so be prepared to work. None of the professors want you to do poorly, but you'll have to work for that A in certain classes (cough, Physics)

We have an "official" thread in this forum. Feel free to stop by and ask questions, we don't bite.