Columbia Math Placement Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KP222

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about enrolling in Columbia's postbac program this January and have to take the Math I and II placement exams to see if I am prepared to take calculus. Considering I haven't looked at a math problem in nearly 5 years, does anyone have any recommendations as to how I should prepare? Would a algebra review book suffice? Or are the tests hard enough to warrant actually digging up my math books from high school and going through those?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

KP222 said:
I am thinking about enrolling in Columbia's postbac program this January and have to take the Math I and II placement exams to see if I am prepared to take calculus. Considering I haven't looked at a math problem in nearly 5 years, does anyone have any recommendations as to how I should prepare? Would a algebra review book suffice? Or are the tests hard enough to warrant actually digging up my math books from high school and going through those?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

i think all placement tests are similar. definetly review algebra, and i'd review trig. or just get a precalc book, it shall have all the stuff you need to know
good luck