SMP help!! (Georgetown, Tufts, Loyola, Pitt, Baylor, Columbia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caitlyn Johnson

Reaction score
Need help picking an SMP! My stats right now are 507 MCAT, 3.3 cGPA, 3.1 sGPA. Here are my potential schools:

Accepted
Tufts MBS
Loyola MSMP
Georgetown MS in Physiology (waiting to hear from Gtown SMP)
Columbia MS in Human Nutrition

Interviewing at UPitt BMP tomorrow

I really want somewhere that is collaborative and where faculty is very supportive. I know I will need to seek out resources wherever I go, but I want to ensure I'm in an environment where faculty really care about the students and want them to succeed. I love the idea of the Columbia program since I have an interest in nutrition, but I'm hesitant about it since it's not a true SMP and not as med-school focused. The rest of the programs kind of blend together to me, so I'm not sure how to pick. I just want to go somewhere that'll set me up for success and that I'll enjoy. If anyone has attended these programs or has input, I'd love some guidance! I have to make a decision by mid-April since a lot of them require deposits.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptances! Just wondering how long it took for you to receive your decision from Tufts MBS?