Columbia Med Students

Started by rheum18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rheum18

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interviewing at Columbia (for fellowship) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for nearby hotels?

I saw an Edge Hotel (which appears close) but seems all the other hotels are >1.5 miles. I was worried for distances approaching 2 miles, it might take a long time by Uber to travel with downtown NYC traffic?

Appreciate any advice here or by direct message!
 
I am interviewing at Columbia (for fellowship) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for nearby hotels?

I saw an Edge Hotel (which appears close) but seems all the other hotels are >1.5 miles. I was worried for distances approaching 2 miles, it might take a long time by Uber to travel with downtown NYC traffic?

Appreciate any advice here or by direct message!
The 1 and A trains stop right by Columbia, so you can stay at essentially any hotel along the west side and it is very accessible by subway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I interviewed there I stayed at hotel belleclaire and it was a good experience. Just take the subway.
 
Woah. Hold up. WHY WOULD YOU TAKE AN UBER TO GET TO COLUMBIA-PRESBYTERIAN? It's literally one on the most subway accessible places in the city - the A, C, and 1 trains converge at 168th street in the dead center of the medical campus. It's actually slower to take an Uber because of all the traffic, a problem the subways conveniently avoid. You could stay at a Hotel in midtown or the upper west side and be at Columbia in 20-30 minutes, tops if you take the A.
 
Thanks everyone for the feedback. As a non-New Yorker, this is why I posted (to get feedback 🙂): will take Subway instead!