Columbia Med Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rheum18

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing at Columbia (for fellowship) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for nearby hotels?

I saw an Edge Hotel (which appears close) but seems all the other hotels are >1.5 miles. I was worried for distances approaching 2 miles, it might take a long time by Uber to travel with downtown NYC traffic?

Appreciate any advice here or by direct message!

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing at Columbia (for fellowship) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for nearby hotels?

I saw an Edge Hotel (which appears close) but seems all the other hotels are >1.5 miles. I was worried for distances approaching 2 miles, it might take a long time by Uber to travel with downtown NYC traffic?

Appreciate any advice here or by direct message!
The 1 and A trains stop right by Columbia, so you can stay at essentially any hotel along the west side and it is very accessible by subway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Walk or take the subway, New York subway was amazingly awesome for me when I interviewed

When I interviewed there I stayed at hotel belleclaire and it was a good experience. Just take the subway.

Woah. Hold up. WHY WOULD YOU TAKE AN UBER TO GET TO COLUMBIA-PRESBYTERIAN? It's literally one on the most subway accessible places in the city - the A, C, and 1 trains converge at 168th street in the dead center of the medical campus. It's actually slower to take an Uber because of all the traffic, a problem the subways conveniently avoid. You could stay at a Hotel in midtown or the upper west side and be at Columbia in 20-30 minutes, tops if you take the A.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks everyone for the feedback. As a non-New Yorker, this is why I posted (to get feedback :)): will take Subway instead!