rheum18

2+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2017
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am interviewing at Columbia (for fellowship) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for nearby hotels?

I saw an Edge Hotel (which appears close) but seems all the other hotels are >1.5 miles. I was worried for distances approaching 2 miles, it might take a long time by Uber to travel with downtown NYC traffic?

Appreciate any advice here or by direct message!

cyberchicken001

7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am interviewing at Columbia (for fellowship) and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for nearby hotels?

I saw an Edge Hotel (which appears close) but seems all the other hotels are >1.5 miles. I was worried for distances approaching 2 miles, it might take a long time by Uber to travel with downtown NYC traffic?

Appreciate any advice here or by direct message!
The 1 and A trains stop right by Columbia, so you can stay at essentially any hotel along the west side and it is very accessible by subway.

About the Ads

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
there are essentially no good hotels directly by presby. Either travel or look into air bnb

DrfluffyMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2016
Status
Resident [Any Field]
When I interviewed there I stayed at hotel belleclaire and it was a good experience. Just take the subway.

Peach Newport

board certified in jewish dermatology
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Woah. Hold up. WHY WOULD YOU TAKE AN UBER TO GET TO COLUMBIA-PRESBYTERIAN? It's literally one on the most subway accessible places in the city - the A, C, and 1 trains converge at 168th street in the dead center of the medical campus. It's actually slower to take an Uber because of all the traffic, a problem the subways conveniently avoid. You could stay at a Hotel in midtown or the upper west side and be at Columbia in 20-30 minutes, tops if you take the A.

OP
R

rheum18

2+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2017
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks everyone for the feedback. As a non-New Yorker, this is why I posted (to get feedback :)): will take Subway instead!

About the Ads