Columbia Post-Bac vs. Georgetown PBPM

Started by ejl180
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ejl180

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been reading a ton of posts on Columbia and Georgetown, but I really would like some up-to-date advice. If faced with this decision, which post-bac program would you choose? I am concerned primarily with academics - Which program will offer me the best opportunities to enter veterinary school? succeed academically? etc. (I know Columbia supposedly has a high attrition rate. Does anyone know if this is the case with Georgetown?)

A little info about me - I just graduated from college in May. I have been planning on attending a post-bac program for about a year, and hope to pursue veterinary medicine.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I have been reading a ton of posts on Columbia and Georgetown, but I really would like some up-to-date advice. If faced with this decision, which post-bac program would you choose? I am concerned primarily with academics - Which program will offer me the best opportunities to enter veterinary school? succeed academically? etc. (I know Columbia supposedly has a high attrition rate. Does anyone know if this is the case with Georgetown?)

A little info about me - I just graduated from college in May. I have been planning on attending a post-bac program for about a year, and hope to pursue veterinary medicine.

Thanks!


Did you make a decision? I applied and was accepted to both Columbia and Georgetown for their respective post bacc programs and decided on Georgetown. I really liked the option of being able to complete the program in 1 year (vs. 2 at Columbia). Other than that, the programs seemed comparable. I'm starting at Georgetown in September.