Columbia Post-Bac vs. Georgetown PBPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ejl180

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reading a ton of posts on Columbia and Georgetown, but I really would like some up-to-date advice. If faced with this decision, which post-bac program would you choose? I am concerned primarily with academics - Which program will offer me the best opportunities to enter veterinary school? succeed academically? etc. (I know Columbia supposedly has a high attrition rate. Does anyone know if this is the case with Georgetown?)

A little info about me - I just graduated from college in May. I have been planning on attending a post-bac program for about a year, and hope to pursue veterinary medicine.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have been reading a ton of posts on Columbia and Georgetown, but I really would like some up-to-date advice. If faced with this decision, which post-bac program would you choose? I am concerned primarily with academics - Which program will offer me the best opportunities to enter veterinary school? succeed academically? etc. (I know Columbia supposedly has a high attrition rate. Does anyone know if this is the case with Georgetown?)

A little info about me - I just graduated from college in May. I have been planning on attending a post-bac program for about a year, and hope to pursue veterinary medicine.

Thanks!

Did you make a decision? I applied and was accepted to both Columbia and Georgetown for their respective post bacc programs and decided on Georgetown. I really liked the option of being able to complete the program in 1 year (vs. 2 at Columbia). Other than that, the programs seemed comparable. I'm starting at Georgetown in September.