Columbia Secondary for MD/PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trisana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the regular med school admissions even look at the MD/PhD page? There doesn't seem to be room on the main application to write about research so would I have to upload that in the extra information section? I'm asking this because if I have up a separate document about my research it'll probably mirror my research essay on AMCAS and then the MD/PhD office will read redundant information.

Members don't see this ad.

sooo i was looking at this quite recently as well. to be honest, i think that the admissions committees receive the entire AMCAS package, so whatever you spoke of in your research will be looked at in one way, shape, or form. my credo is to avoid redundancy as much as possible, given that the materials you submit will ultimately be read by tired, frustrated individuals (and there's no getting around this regardless of how much the schools sugar-coat the admissions process on their respective admissions sites or literature). best of luck to you.