Columbia vs. UVM

Started by ogedoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello Everyone! I would really appreciate any and all help you can give me!

I am graduating from UVM this December and have an acceptance to Columbia and UVM for PostBac. Columbia would be starting this January and UVM would be starting this coming summer. If I decide not to go to Columbia in January, I plan on applying to JHU, Goucher, Scripps, UVA, Bryn Mawr (I am not super confident in getting into the top schools). Should I just go to Columbia or take a chance on applying to the other schools? Is Columbia's program seen as higher caliber compared to UVM? I am worried that staying at UVM will look like "the easy way" to medical school admissions- thoughts on this? Obviously Columbia's tuition is significantly higher, along with the cost of living in NYC. I would be finishing both programs Spring 2016, so the time frame is not an issue.

Thanks so much!
Hello, I don't have a answer to your question but I am planning on applying to both programs next year. Any advice for getting into these post bacc programs?