-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Columbia
Started by dienekes88
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was accepted MD/PhD last week...don't know if that counts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlist in San Diego, dated 2/29.
So who else is still waiting with me? Also, IcePanda: did you receive a rejection or are you just going to Cornell because you got waitlisted?
So who else is still waiting with me? Also, IcePanda: did you receive a rejection or are you just going to Cornell because you got waitlisted?
<----- waiting
<----- waiting
waiting as well. cmon lets get it over with lol
waiting as well. cmon lets get it over with lol
haha exactly! give me my rejection now to get it over with...i thought my interview went well too...i guess you really never know. but the wait is killing me.....
Yes but don't give up hope - two people have called (one today, one yesterday) and the admissions office has confirmed that acceptances were sent out fri. as well as mon., and that a few "things" were still being mailed on tue. Whether that means all types, just waitlists and rejections, or just rejections (gasp!) we don't know.



I'm willing to bet that a few rare people will get acceptances and waitlists for the next couple of days based upon the fri., mon., tue. mailings and the inherent nature of USPS.



I'm willing to bet that a few rare people will get acceptances and waitlists for the next couple of days based upon the fri., mon., tue. mailings and the inherent nature of USPS.
I'm pretty sure they did acceptances/waitlists on Friday, and rejections on Monday. The only known postmark on Monday was a rejection. Hope everyone hears soon.
crap
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes but don't give up hope - two people have called (one today, one yesterday) and the admissions office has confirmed that acceptances were sent out fri. as well as mon., and that a few "things" were still being mailed on tue.
The admissions committee probably wouldn't admit that everything sent out on Monday was a rejection, but you could be right. I hope I'm wrong, so more SDNers can get into Columbia.

crap
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you 👍
Still no mail here in the Los Angeles area for me....granted thats a big area....but odd if mail reached Santa Barbra before here....very odd!
I got my waitlist in LA yesterday, hopefully you will hear something today.
My mailman didn't even come to my apartment yesterday. I live in a really rural area and my mail is SLOOOOOOOW. So I'm still waiting, but I am not letting myself believe that I got rejected. I'm hoping for a waitlist (not at ALL going to get accepted)!
<----- still no news in small town Mississippi, & I'm beginning to feel a rejection letter headed my way...
nata723 is my gauge here. If she doesn't get in then all hope is lost.![]()
Nirazila, please don't think that! First of all, thanks for compiling this list. Secondly, thanks for the encouragement and I really and truly hope that you get in. (PS - I took off my mdapps profile b/c I'm a scaredy-cat now!) 😛
I haven't heard anything yet... I'd rather just get it over with.
And I've realized we can't win them all. Life goes on. Best of luck to all with the WHOLE process!!

Also, IcePanda: did you receive a rejection or are you just going to Cornell because you got waitlisted?
I received a straight-forward rejection, which I will not appeal. I interviewed in November, had a great interview, sent a thank you card, but no LOI. I can't be the only one, right? My hope wasn't riding on P&S so I don't feel too bad. I imagine most people who got rejected aren't posting on here.
I received a straight-forward rejection, which I will not appeal. I interviewed in November, had a great interview, sent a thank you card, but no LOI. I can't be the only one, right? My hope wasn't riding on P&S so I don't feel too bad. I imagine most people who got rejected aren't posting on here.
Oh I'm sure you're not the only one. But if the rejections were all postmarked on Monday, it'll take them a little longer to reach some of us.
I just received a waitlist, postmarked 2/29 in IL.
I just received a waitlist, postmarked 2/29 in IL.
Wow.. took a long time to get to you! I'm glad you didn't get a rejection 👍
I just received a waitlist, postmarked 2/29 in IL.
This gives me some hope to get on the waitlist.
I imagine most people who got rejected aren't posting on here.
I agree.
Looks like you are headed to Cornell then? Not too shabby!
I just received a waitlist, postmarked 2/29 in IL.
I bet it's a big relief just to have some closure. No more waiting, touchcookies! Now if you really want that school you can kinda fight for it to show them how much you love it.
I bet it's a big relief just to have some closure. No more waiting, touchcookies! Now if you really want that school you can kinda fight for it to show them how much you love it.
Haha, I'm glad I don't have to stalk the mailman anymore! Now the question is exactly how much I want to fight for it. I actually think one of my acceptances would be a better fit for me, but I'm still drawn to that Columbia name. Good luck to you, nata! Hope you get some news soon.
1
1956Goldtop
the wait is agonizing. I think its safe to say that acceptances were indeed all sent out on Friday, and so everything coming in now is either a waitlist or rejection. Oh wellz
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, I'm glad I don't have to stalk the mailman anymore! Now the question is exactly how much I want to fight for it. I actually think one of my acceptances would be a better fit for me, but I'm still drawn to that Columbia name. Good luck to you, nata! Hope you get some news soon.
Thanks, toughcookies! I'll need it when I check the mail today. And after that first acceptance to med school, nothing much seems to matter anymore. I'm starting to tell myself, "Columbia...eh?" Either way we'll all make great doctors.🙂
the wait is agonizing. I think its safe to say that acceptances were indeed all sent out on Friday, and so everything coming in now is either a waitlist or rejection. Oh wellz
Just read your NYU acceptance letter again to pass the time! Interestingly enough, my post-secondary rejection from them came in the mail today too. Yeah, I kinda figured...
1
1956Goldtop
haha thanks tough cookies 🙂
I just received a waitlist, postmarked 2/29 in IL.
Same here. So everyone got the "highly ranked" wording? I wish we had something else to read into for extra meaning!
Waitlisted as well, sent 2/29! BOO!!! Idaho!
Just got waitlisted as well. Are we supposed to send them another letter or something to tell them how much we liked the school, etc?
Yeah I had a question about this too. I already sent a LOI...should I write a whole new letter with all new reasons I love Columbia (i'm sure I can) or is one letter good enough? I know some schools flat out only look at waitlisters who send letters.
Same here. So everyone got the "highly ranked" wording? I wish we had something else to read into for extra meaning!
I think we all got the same thing, though I agree that the waitlist letter seemed pretty flattering, and I'd like to think not such a large number got it. Oh well
me tooo! what does this mean? was everything sent out? maybe they lied and didnt send everything out still...
Yeah, I've still got nothing. WTF?!?!? Ah! 🙁
okay, so i couldnt help it and decided to call. They just told me that absolutely everything was sent out yesterday and that those of us who havent' received anything should get the decision by the end of this week or monday.
she didnt say anything about acceptances / rejections / waitlists. I guess we'll find out when we eventually get our decisions....i just hope that it's not a wave of acceptances then rejections. It makes it so much worse.
she didnt say anything about acceptances / rejections / waitlists. I guess we'll find out when we eventually get our decisions....i just hope that it's not a wave of acceptances then rejections. It makes it so much worse.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i know right? this is why i think they lie to us just to keep us quiet so we won't bug / annoy them. If we don't get anything by Monday, and someone calls, it's going to be "everything was sent out today."... and so forth....
well, we'll see?
well, we'll see?
Wow, that's really frustrating. I hope you guys hear something tomorrow.
Wait list for me in TN. We win some, we lose, some, I guess. Surprisingly, I'm now at a new level of calm. Closure = good.🙄
Then all hope is lost...

Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 901