-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Columbia
Started by dienekes88
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Random neurotic-premed question:
On the slim chance that I am actually accepted, would the "priority mail" letter come with normal mail? Or does priority mean one of those special envelopes that are hand delivered?
Thanks!
It should be in with your regular mail as long as your mailbox is big enough.

Random neurotic-premed question:
On the slim chance that I am actually accepted, would the "priority mail" letter come with normal mail? Or does priority mean one of those special envelopes that are hand delivered?
Thanks!
i have a tiny PO box and they just shoved mine in 🙂 good luck!
i have a tiny PO box and they just shoved mine in 🙂 good luck!
so you got in columbia? congratulations if so! or were you just talking about how priority mail arrives to you in general?
so you got in columbia? congratulations if so! or were you just talking about how priority mail arrives to you in general?
yep i heard back but so you guys dont panic, i am mdphd so i hear earlier. best of luck to all of you!!
1
1956Goldtop
one more day guys (for us northeasterners)!!!!
USPS please keep your promise of braving the worst of nature for us!!
USPS please keep your promise of braving the worst of nature for us!!
I am tense.
That is all.
That is all.
Do they send out rejection/ wait list letters today also? (fingers crossed that no one here will be recieving any of those)
Do they send out rejection/ wait list letters today also? (fingers crossed that no one here will be recieving any of those)
They are sent out but via regular snail mail, so it will take longer to receive than the priority mail acceptances.
To: whomever gets mail and posts here.....
Can you please state your city / region so we can know when to expect ours?
Thanks =D
Can you please state your city / region so we can know when to expect ours?
Thanks =D
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well. Unless the weather delays my mail carrier, I'll know in... like 12 or 13 hours. Normal first class mail only takes a day to travel 170 blocks, so I'll probably know either way...
Somebody called a couple days ago, and the woman at admissions said that letters were going out today.
Somebody called a couple days ago, and the woman at admissions said that letters were going out today.
Well. Unless the weather delays my mail carrier, I'll know in... like 12 or 13 hours. Normal first class mail only takes a day to travel 170 blocks, so I'll probably know either way...
Somebody called a couple days ago, and the woman at admissions said that letters were going out today.
Lucky. I'm surviving with a little help from the Captain.
how did you all figure out the estimated day of delivery of the letters were sent today. is it on the usps website?
You can use the usps website to figure out how long it would take a priority mail envelope to reach you.
Priority mail should take no longer than 3 days to reach you (not counting Sunday of course). While you can sometimes make the usps website say 2 days, it all pretty random and there is no guarantee if you read the fine print.
Only express mail, with a $16 price tag, (vs. priority's $4.60) actually comes with a real time frame.
Bottom line, Tuesday or bust! Monday for those nearer to the East Coast.
Only express mail, with a $16 price tag, (vs. priority's $4.60) actually comes with a real time frame.
Bottom line, Tuesday or bust! Monday for those nearer to the East Coast.
well, 2 or 3 hours 'til my mail carrier comes.
The only way I could fall asleep was by convincing myself it was going to be a waitlist/rejection. However, I was dreaming about finding a big white envelope in my mailbox. Ugh.
The only way I could fall asleep was by convincing myself it was going to be a waitlist/rejection. However, I was dreaming about finding a big white envelope in my mailbox. Ugh.
well, 2 or 3 hours 'til my mail carrier comes.
The only way I could fall asleep was by convincing myself it was going to be a waitlist/rejection. However, I was dreaming about finding a big white envelope in my mailbox. Ugh.
Good luck! We're pulling for ya!
well, 2 or 3 hours 'til my mail carrier comes.
The only way I could fall asleep was by convincing myself it was going to be a waitlist/rejection. However, I was dreaming about finding a big white envelope in my mailbox. Ugh.
My fingers are crossed for you! I woke up early today too even though there's little chance I'd get it today up in Boston.
1
1956Goldtop
GL dienkes88, let us know what happens!
Thanks for the support everyone! I hope we can all go to school together. 🙂
I went out to run some errands to keep my mind off of this Columbia business. While I was out, I saw a mail truck and FREAKED OUT. No mail yet, though.
I went out to run some errands to keep my mind off of this Columbia business. While I was out, I saw a mail truck and FREAKED OUT. No mail yet, though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HOLY CRAP. I think I just heard the mail carrier downstairs...
For whatever reason, I'm wearing my heart rate monitor. My heart rate just hit 125.
OOF! That's brutal, dude... 🙁 Sorry.
My hands are cramping from excessive finger crossing. I hope you're right!
For whatever reason, I'm wearing my heart rate monitor. My heart rate just hit 125.
I live at 153rd street. Just woke up. Downtown ppl will get their letters before I do, even though I live 15 blocks from P&S. So lame. We don't get our mail delivered until 3pm or so. Ahhhhhhhh!
OOF! That's brutal, dude... 🙁 Sorry.
Good luck dienekes! I know you'll a get better result than the Mt. Sinai decision. ACCEPTANCES FOR ALL!!!
My hands are cramping from excessive finger crossing. I hope you're right!
I don't know what to say. 😀 😀
Dreams do come true!
Dreams do come true!
I don't know what to say. 😀 😀
Dreams do come true!
AHHHHHHHHHHH congrats!!!!!!!! 👍👍👍👍👍
I don't know what to say. 😀 😀
Dreams do come true!
Congrats, dienekes!!!!! 😀
You in?
YES!
😱I ran outside and shouted like a madman. I never thought that it would happen. After waitlists at Sinai and Dartmouth, I thought it was all over.
I'm so happy. 🙂
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS WAITING!

YES!😱
I ran outside and shouted like a madman. I never thought that it would happen. After waitlists at Sinai and Dartmouth, I thought it was all over.
I'm so happy. 🙂
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS WAITING!![]()
![]()
OMG!! CONGRATS MAN!!! woohooo!!!
My mail doesn't come until around 2pm so I have to wait until then.
1
1956Goldtop
OMG congrats dude. The waiting was well worth it. I don't think that I will be getting anything today because I live about an 8 hour drive from NYC, but I am still hoping!
YES!😱
I ran outside and shouted like a madman. I never thought that it would happen. After waitlists at Sinai and Dartmouth, I thought it was all over.
I'm so happy. 🙂
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS WAITING!![]()
![]()
congrats!! that is sooo exciting 🙂 i'll add my neurotic question to this thread, did your acceptance come in a big or regular envelope?
Thank you for all the congratulations! 🙂 I'm all embarrassed now... 😳
It was a huge white priority mail envelope.
congrats!! that is sooo exciting 🙂 i'll add my neurotic question to this thread, did your acceptance come in a big or regular envelope?
It was a huge white priority mail envelope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dienekes,
Congratz, that is awesome, I'm so excited for you,
go celebrate
Congratz, that is awesome, I'm so excited for you,
go celebrate
YES!😱
I ran outside and shouted like a madman. I never thought that it would happen. After waitlists at Sinai and Dartmouth, I thought it was all over.
I'm so happy. 🙂
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS WAITING!![]()
![]()
Congrats! See you at revisit weekend
I don't know what would be a more impressive miracle...getting in to columbia or the mailman delivering my package to Baltimore within one day.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 900