Step II Comat scores and Comlex 2 CE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

electrolight

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody do average on most of their comats, but still score well on their Comlex 2 CE? I scored a ~700 on comlex 1, but my comats have been average on most of them. I would like to get a 700 again. Is this doable?

Comat scores:
FM: 100
Peds: 111
IM: 109
Surgery: 110
OB/Gyn: 100
Psych: 100
EM: 103
 
Last edited:
Well I guess I'll be the guinea pig for this and hopefully give people with average shelfs some hope. My step 2/ level 2 are in 9 weeks. I didn't study that much this year, but I'm going pretty hard from here until test day. See you guys on the other side.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2 weeks to go.
Second pass Uworld sitting at 86%

Nbme 6 (85%) 228 6 weeks out
UWSA 1 (68%) 240 3 weeks out
Comsae D 639 2 weeks out
UWSA 2 7 (70%) 243 7 days out
Nbme 8 (84%) 235 6 days out

Real Deal Comlex level 2: 690

I’m content with my score. All in all I didn’t actually study the entire 9 weeks that I had when I wrote this thread. I stepped back from studying for 2-3 weeks while on EM so I could focus on that rotation. I studied for a total of 6 weeks for this test. Just goes to show my comat performance didn’t matter.

*Edited to add progress
 
Last edited:
Anybody do average on most of their comats, but still score well on their Comlex 2 CE? I scored a ~700 on comlex 1, but my comats have been average on most of them. I would like to get a 700 again. Is this doable?

Comat scores:
FM: 100
Peds: 111
IM: 109
Surgery: 110
OB/Gyn: 100
Psych: 100
EM: 103


What was your OMM Comat score? I hear that's the most important for COMLEX Level 2 CE