Combined AP/CP Cyto Re-cert

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi, long time reader, first time poster. As the title implies I have a question about the Cyto-AP/CP re-cert. exam. Specifically does anyone know what resources would be good to use for studying and/or during the exam (outside of the abpath website study modules)? Particularly for the cyto portion, as that makes up 150 of the 200 total questions. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, long time reader, first time poster. As the title implies I have a question about the Cyto-AP/CP re-cert. exam. Specifically does anyone know what resources would be good to use for studying and/or during the exam (outside of the abpath website study modules)? Particularly for the cyto portion, as that makes up 150 of the 200 total questions. Thanks.
The pass rate is almost 100%.
No need to study if you are in practice

You already mentioned the study guides on the ABP website. They are very focused. During the exam I used the Cibas textbook. Some of the questions are ABP trivia that would never be applied in real clinical practice, eg distinguishing entities that look basically the same without using immunos. For those the book doesn’t help. But overall the test was fairly easy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When I took it the test was closed book..you had to enable software that monitored you via your camera on your computer.

Is test open book now?

Most of the questions are gimme’s even the CP ones..the occasional hard question was the type that no amount of studying would help (ie studying is a waste of time)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm hoping these quarterly MOC questions will eventually result in not having to take an exam.

Reactions: 2 users