combined programs?peds/psych/child and adolescent psych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soulsearchin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any idea about peds/psych/child and adolescent psych combined programs?do they make one board eligible for both peds n psych?and is one eligible to work as a child psych?
how competetive are these programs?

Members don't see this ad.

there are other threads in this forum if you do a search. you are boarded in both at the end, and can therefore work in either field, but the main emphasis is on training child psychiatrists with a strong medical background (rather than the other way around). there are only 10 programs that offer it, and i believe only 19 spots each year ...

http://www.tripleboard.org/menu2.html

as far as i know, they are competitive solely because of the sheer lack of spots, not necessarily because there are tons of people who want to do the program. from what i've read, the programs are pretty intense. check out that link and do a search in this forum for more info.

there are other threads in this forum if you do a search. you are boarded in both at the end, and can therefore work in either field, but the main emphasis is on training child psychiatrists with a strong medical background (rather than the other way around). there are only 10 programs that offer it, and i believe only 19 spots each year ...

http://www.tripleboard.org/menu2.html

as far as i know, they are competitive solely because of the sheer lack of spots, not necessarily because there are tons of people who want to do the program. from what i've read, the programs are pretty intense. check out that link and do a search in this forum for more info.

How competitive are these programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
How competitive are these programs?

i didnt get any interviews and i would say im a middle of the road applicant. they are considered to be as competitive as top notch (read: ivy) programs in general psych, because of the limited number of spots (as i mentioned above). i believe mt sinai takes 2 a year?

That site only named the original six programs in the pilot program. Do you know what the ten current programs are?

Judd

i could of sworn i posted on this thread before...