Comfortable shoes for surgery rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would have agreed with you until I got these, the Croc knock-offs

Heh. $3 at Fred Meyer...I wore them from 5AM round the clock till the next 5 AM several times. Now I just wish I could find them again, I think they were a summer one time thing.

I don't think having holes in the top of your shoes is a good idea - especially on the colorectal surgery team....

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone told me to get Dansko's and I did. After wearing them for 12 hours, they make the arches in my feet hurt. Someone else recommended Merrills and that's what I wear now. They are very comfy to wear on call. I like them so much I even wear them on my days off.

Everyone told me to get Dansko's and I did. After wearing them for 12 hours, they make the arches in my feet hurt. Someone else recommended Merrills and that's what I wear now. They are very comfy to wear on call. I like them so much I even wear them on my days off.
just thinking about how ugly the danskos are makes my feet hurt.... I also looked into mephistos, and even though they look better then the merrells....I don't think many of us are in a position to drop $300+ for shoes...

Members don't see this ad :)
just thinking about how ugly the danskos are makes my feet hurt.... I also looked into mephistos, and even though they look better then the merrells....I don't think many of us are in a position to drop $300+ for shoes...
The Jungle Mocs are hideous, I agree... but I just got a pair of Merrells that aren't too fugly, and I'm really happy with them. They feel like walking on clouds, way better after a few hours on my feet than the Pumas I was wearing before.

I think mine are the Spire Moc, sort of functional-looking but there are some cooler-looking ones available online as well (the store I was in didn't have a huge selection). I think the Plaza Moc and the Barrado Leather look kind of cool actually, I would wear those outside too.

http://www.merrell.com/Shop/Gallery.aspx?NavID=FT-TW-MOC

I also love Merrell's. I bought the Jungle Mocs and the Primo Slides and I love them both. I absolutely HATED the danskos with a passion. It was the worst $100 I have ever spent. I think those stupid shoes are still sitting in the back seat of my car after I threw them off in disgust.

The Jungle Mocs are hideous, I agree... but I just got a pair of Merrells that aren't too fugly, and I'm really happy with them. They feel like walking on clouds, way better after a few hours on my feet than the Pumas I was wearing before.

I think mine are the Spire Moc, sort of functional-looking but there are some cooler-looking ones available online as well (the store I was in didn't have a huge selection). I think the Plaza Moc and the Barrado Leather look kind of cool actually, I would wear those outside too.

http://www.merrell.com/Shop/Gallery.aspx?NavID=FT-TW-MOC
well...I'm a guy so I don't know how good those womens spire mocs would look on me....but I do agree that the jungle mocs (especially leather) look much better on men then women...

:D :D

We use sandals on our night shift
our duty about 20 hours long !!
just beach sandals not more

dont know why
that s the trasition here (Sanglah general hospital-bali)
:D

I don't think having holes in the top of your shoes is a good idea - especially on the colorectal surgery team....
Yeah, I suppose for y'all you have a point.

But when they're this big, you're getting schmooze in yer shoes even if you're wearing hip waders...

I love large animal surgery-you get blood and guts, power tools, and rubber boots all in the same day.

Attachments

• Colon impaction.jpg
    Colon impaction.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 354
:D :D

We use sandals on our night shift
our duty about 20 hours long !!
just beach sandals not more

dont know why
that s the trasition here (Sanglah general hospital-bali)
:D

Ick that's pretty gross and unsanitary. And dangerous.

What are the most comfortable shoes to wear as an MS 3? Any suggestions, especially if your on surgery?

After years of trying different shoes in the operating room my recommendation for the BEST SURGEON SHOE is the Dansko Wynn (http://www.dansko.com/Mens/Footwear/Styles/Shoes/Wynn/Brown Distressed/).

This shoe has several must have features:
1. Significant arch support - this off loads pressure from the heal and puts more of your body weight on the ball of the foot and thus distributes pressure.
2. Solid heel support - the back of the shoe supports the heal and ankle and prevents fatigue during standing
3. Thick but comfortable leather - will prevent sharp objects from easily penetrating the shoe and provide superior protection against bodily fluid spills
4. No slide bottom - I have never slipped in these shoes (even over blood or other fluids)

http://www.squidoo.com/shoes-for-men-surgeons