Comfortable shoes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FramtidLakare

Falling with Style
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've already had one interview in my heels, and was left crippled. Well, not exactly, but it felt not so good. Needless to say, I am not wearing those again. Do comfortable heels exist? And where do you get them from?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If heels hurt you then you probably don't wear them often - try to find something closer to the type of shoes you usually wear.

What hurt when you were done? Your ankle? Heel? Toe? Ball of your foot?

Depending on how you answer this you can figure out if they were too tight (ankle/toe), or too high (heel/ball of foot). Buy new shoes accordingly.

Members don't see this ad :)
natrualizers are great. they are somewhat stylish, really comfortable, and not too expensive ($70 or $80). i've worn them on interviews and have had no problems. i also wear them to work all day (and i walk a lot) and have no problems whatsoever. hope this helps!:thumbup:

In addition to heels, I also bought myself a pair of comfy flats and a briefcase. I shall be attending my interviews with the flats tucked into the briefcase, and I'll change my shoes before I take any long walks. Problem solved!

Frogs

natrualizers are great. they are somewhat stylish, really comfortable, and not too expensive ($70 or $80). i've worn them on interviews and have had no problems. i also wear them to work all day (and i walk a lot) and have no problems whatsoever. hope this helps!:thumbup:

i have to agree. i survived the steep slopes of Pittsburgh wearing flat, mary-jane style, leathery-ish naturalizers. they don't look as stylish as heels (and its hard to find them at bargain price) but if comfort's what you want, then go with them. you'll thank yourself years down the road :idea:

I have a pair of nice black dress shoes with a large heel. I don't really know how to describe them, but they're just basic black shoes made with nice fabric. Something like that might work for you.

I have a couple of pairs of Aerosoles with relatively low heels (1 1/2 or 2 inches max). I saw the flight attendant on one of my trips wearing the same shoes, so I knew I'd made the right choice. I've had some pretty serious walking tours - all with no problems in the Aerosoles....

http://www.aerosoles.com/

I bought granny shoes to change into for tours. But I also used blister preventing bandaids with my heels. :thumbup: I just don't think there is a shoe out there that wouldn't hurt me after a whole day, and I dropped a pretty penny on mine.

i spent a small fortune (169!) on a pair of good quality pumps, but they've been pretty kind to my feet now they've broken in. Via Spiga, from Bloomingdales. i'm kind of hoping its the last pair of dress shoes i ever need to buy, for the price :laugh:

they were not, however, grippy enough to stop me sliding across the (notoriously) highly polished hallways of NJMS in front of my interviewer. :eek:

SAS are amazing. They have penny loafers and open-toed shoes that can pass for dress shoes in the south and probably, midwest.

thanks! I don't think open-toed shoes will cut it for my schools, almost all of which get plenty of snow! (Speaking of which it's snowing outside right now...and it's October! Craziness) But thanks for the advice everyone, I guess I shoe shopping will be a nice break from secondaries!

(Speaking of which it's snowing outside right now...and it's October! Craziness)

Wah! I can't wait for snow! Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking... Last year (in VT) I was skiing on Oct 26 in knee to thigh-deep snow. It seems doubtful this year, but you never know...

As far as shoes go, I'll probably end up wearing my Danskos. Not the most stylish in the world, but I can walk all day in them...

These are really comfortable and they don't look too much like old lady shoes. I think they are especially designed for working women.

Wah! I can't wait for snow! Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking... Last year (in VT) I was skiing on Oct 26 in knee to thigh-deep snow. It seems doubtful this year, but you never know...

As far as shoes go, I'll probably end up wearing my Danskos. Not the most stylish in the world, but I can walk all day in them...

I'm in Michigan, but not near the slopes, so I'm hoping for some fall-like weather again.

I do like danskos, maybe I can find a black pair tall enough to go with my suit. Thanks!