Comlex 1 subject to ignore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elz787

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been constantly told that for COMLEX 1,
it is safe to skip
biochem,
embryo,
most of anatomy and biostats and behavioral sciences

and to focus on path (systems), pharm, micro,and of course OMM

can anyone coment on this, I mean would I be hurting myself in trying to coverall or is it better to focuse on the high yeild topics,

THanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think that COMLEX is starting to incorporate more molecular/biochem level stuff.

I was told to know the behavioral science stuff cause it's easy points. Kaplan COMLEX books even have a book dedicated to behavioral science/OMM. Kaplan USMLE books dont.

Anatomy is the only reason I ever get any OPP/OMM questions right.

I have been told multiple times to know pharm and micro well.

what areas of behavioral sciences were tested,

I mean is it
biostats,
epidemiology,
psych,

its not possible to cover it all, just trying to figure out what worth the time

Members don't see this ad :)
what areas of behavioral sciences were tested,

I mean is it
biostats,
epidemiology,
psych,

its not possible to cover it all, just trying to figure out what worth the time
Definitely don't leave out musculoskeletal anatomy....even back to the basic stuff of innervation (especially the extremities) are supposed to be of decent yeild

But as for biochem and molecular....unless the test got a drastic overhaull in the last year....don't spend much time at all on them

Even if you were taking the test in 4 weeks or so, you could probably cover all that stuff. You'd have to put in some time but it would be doable, as long as you actually learned the stuff the first two years.

I have a few questions for anyone who's already taken it and willing to help out:
1. When they say know pharm and micro very well, does that mean you should know the more common bugs and drugs really well or does that mean know pretty much every bug and drug?

2. Anyone know if the Appendix B in Savarese is High yield(the one with every muscle and its innervation, origin, ect.)?

3. Is the $8 practice booklet from NBOME worth doing and does anyone know how long it takes to be shipped to you(I take my test in a few weeks)?

Thanks

1. When they say know pharm and micro very well, does that mean you should know the more common bugs and drugs really well or does that mean know pretty much every bug and drug?

The commons are heavily tested, but know as many as you can.

2. Anyone know if the Appendix B in Savarese is High yield(the one with every muscle and its innervation, origin, ect.)?

Also know the facilitation chapter and the Chapman points chapter. Those were golden for the test.

Hernandez,

Ive never heard of biostats, epidemiology, or embroy, being on the comlex, Would you mind giving examples of what was covered

I dont think my school even covered those subjects,

Please let me know if im wrong, thanks

Hernandez,

Ive never heard of biostats, epidemiology, or embroy, being on the comlex, Would you mind giving examples of what was covered

Please let me know if im wrong, thanks
According to several of our profs there will be an increased amt of epi/biostats compared to previous years.....just look at that chapter in First Aid to get a good idea of the type of stuff that is tested....if you are really weak in this area then HY Behavioral and some parts of HY Biostats are really good and worthwhile

Hernandez,

It wasn't heavily tested, but it definitely was there when I took it. And personally, I think they'd be remiss to not start incorportating at least biostats and epidemiology. First aid's sections on biostats should be more than enough.

you school does not have any biostats, epidemiology, or embro?