COMLEX and neuroscience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Su4n2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, our school has bumped neuroscience/neurology/neuropath to second year. they are thinking of giving it to us the block b-4 boards. they say that it is heavily represented on Step 1 of Comlex so it will be good to have then and not to have to relearn. what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it will make a difference. The neuro from HY anatomy (stroke patterns, traumatic itracranial hemorrhages, brachial plexus injuries, peripheral neuropathies/radiculopathies...all in HY anatomy), savarese, and First Aid is PLENTY.

neuroscience should still be 1st yr bc you need a good understanding of basic neuroscience to learn the clinical neurology (as goes for various other subjects like cardio GI, etc.).....moving neurology to 2nd yr is prob one of the best moves they did for you guys.....neurology was big on COMLEX I of 2003 (and i heard it was big on 2002).....neuroscience and neurology was big on step 1 USMLE as well (took it july 2003)......