COMLEX - Let the panic begin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saesae

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I stare at my pile of 486 review books, I'm thinking I should start making some decisions regarding which to use and which to ignore. Any suggestions regarding study approaches would be lovely and I thank you in advance. In particular, is it true that memorizing First Aid is "enough to pass?"

Members don't see this ad.

Clinical vignettes, and Step-up for the USMLE 2000. THen lots of practice questions.
And an IV of coffee.

this is probably the most horribly designed exam you will take your whole life, so the formula for most seems to be:

1. YOUR BIBLE: FIRST AID FOR THE USMLE--know everything in it and you'll be pretty damn good

2. UNDERGROUND VIGNETTES: you gotta know how to apply all the info in the above book to "clinical" situations

3. whichever review course you take--if you take one--use whatever they give you

4. LOADS of PRACTICE QUESTIONS--by now there are plenty of COMLEX practice questions floating around..i recommend the NMS USMLE practice book..erie, but what i scored on all those practice exams was damn close to my COMLEX score and the USMLE questions were a lot more detailed.

"NMS review for the usmle step 2' for part 2 and part 3 of the comlex. (the exams are similar and the review book is actually kind of fun.)