COMLEX - Let the panic begin

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Saesae, Apr 18, 2000.

1. Saesae

Saesae New Member

As I stare at my pile of 486 review books, I'm thinking I should start making some decisions regarding which to use and which to ignore. Any suggestions regarding study approaches would be lovely and I thank you in advance. In particular, is it true that memorizing First Aid is "enough to pass?"

2. ewagner

ewagner Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Clinical vignettes, and Step-up for the USMLE 2000. THen lots of practice questions.
    And an IV of coffee.

3. spunkydoc

spunkydoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

this is probably the most horribly designed exam you will take your whole life, so the formula for most seems to be:

1. YOUR BIBLE: FIRST AID FOR THE USMLE--know everything in it and you'll be pretty damn good

2. UNDERGROUND VIGNETTES: you gotta know how to apply all the info in the above book to "clinical" situations

3. whichever review course you take--if you take one--use whatever they give you

4. LOADS of PRACTICE QUESTIONS--by now there are plenty of COMLEX practice questions floating around..i recommend the NMS USMLE practice book..erie, but what i scored on all those practice exams was damn close to my COMLEX score and the USMLE questions were a lot more detailed.

4. uhs99

uhs99 Junior Member

"NMS review for the usmle step 2' for part 2 and part 3 of the comlex. (the exams are similar and the review book is actually kind of fun.)