Step II COMLEX Level 2 CE before COMAT Shelf

Started by flight24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flight24

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard a rule that you are required to have taken and passed all of the COMAT shelf exams before taking the COMLEX Level 2 CE. Is that correct?

I have taken all the COMAT shelf exams except psych and peds, but I wanted to schedule my COMLEX level 2 before I take those two COMAT shelf exams. Is this allowed?
 
I'm 99% sure this is specific to your school. Passing the COMATs isn't required before taking the COMLEX.

Edit: I think studying them for is extremely helpful for preparing, though. My Level 2 prep has been pretty much prepping for all the COMATs.