Comlex PE Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdincorporated

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of quick questions regarding the PE:

1. An OMM Structural exam needs to be done with every patient encounter correct? How do you jot it down in the Exam portion as "OMM:" or "T-Spine" . Assuming that my structural exam will be palpating the patient's back for TART .

2. Do we need to do any special tests for cases? For example if theres a patient with appendicitis - do I need to do the Rovsing sign test etc?

3. For OMM - how long do we spend on these treatments? My main treatments are myofacial release, rib raising, and some of the basic stuff. I saw some people mention spencers technique etc. but who has time for spencers with the allotted time?

4. Can anyone recommend what else we need to prepare for in terms of humanistic portion such as counseling, smoking cessation, and anything else that you can think of?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a couple of quick questions regarding the PE:

1. An OMM Structural exam needs to be done with every patient encounter correct? How do you jot it down in the Exam portion as "OMM:" or "T-Spine" . Assuming that my structural exam will be palpating the patient's back for TART .

2. Do we need to do any special tests for cases? For example if theres a patient with appendicitis - do I need to do the Rovsing sign test etc?

3. For OMM - how long do we spend on these treatments? My main treatments are myofacial release, rib raising, and some of the basic stuff. I saw some people mention spencers technique etc. but who has time for spencers with the allotted time?

4. Can anyone recommend what else we need to prepare for in terms of humanistic portion such as counseling, smoking cessation, and anything else that you can think of?
1- you don't need to do this on every encounter just where it is applicable
2-yes, if there is a test you know, do it
3- spend as much time as you need to where it seems like you did something and the patient says their pain feels better
4- exercise, diet, smoking, screenings.