• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Aug 6, 2011
Status
Medical Student
How does one improve " Scientific Understanding of Mechanism." from my score report this seems to be the only section that I am scoring below average on and preventing me from passing COMLEX 2. Any idea on how I can improve on this ?

polar403

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
How does one improve " Scientific Understanding of Mechanism." from my score report this seems to be the only section that I am scoring below average on and preventing me from passing COMLEX 2. Any idea on how I can improve on this ?
Scientific Understanding of Mechanism is more or less pathophysiology. According to the most recent Bulletin of Information, 5-15% of the exam (COMLEX Level 2) consists of this. The section with the most weight is History & Physical Examination, which is 30-40% of the exam.

http://www.nbome.org/docs/comlexBOI.pdf

About the Ads