comlex score reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrupulous79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went on a residency interview today and when they discussed my scores on comlex, they said ERAS or the NBOME only reports the three digit score. They give the residency program a chart that correleates your three digit scores to an approximate percentile, but its WAY off. My score report said 680/98%, but the range given by the chart for residency programs said 680 was equivalent to a 88-89% for my score. Thats a ten point difference which IMHO is a BIG deal. It would be a good idea to FAX programs your original score report with percentile or bring the score report with you like i did. I'm now glad that I took the USMLE also.

Members don't see this ad.

where was this at that you interviewed?

Can one send a score report to every place they apply via ERAS so that this will not happen?

Thanks for any info.

Normalforce

Originally posted by normalforce
where was this at that you interviewed?

Can one send a score report to every place they apply via ERAS so that this will not happen?

Thanks for any info.

Normalforce

No, you would have to fax the % to each program. I encountered a similar situation on my first interview. From now on I am bringing the COMLEX score sheet that the NBOME provided for me to all my interviews.