Comlex Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smem358

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been interviewing at a number of DO schools, and some do not release their past comlex first time pass rates or average scores.

How important is this in deciding which school to go to?

For example, I loved WVSOM, but the students said their first time pass rate last year was 82%.....should this worry me?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been interviewing at a number of DO schools, and some do not release their past comlex first time pass rates or average scores.

For example, I loved WVSOM, but the students said their first time pass rate last year was 82%.....should this worry me?

I think it's kind of important. DMU did a great job of outlining their average with the nations average and had all kinds of pretty line charts, haha. But it might just be a fluke. You should see if you can find the pass rate for the last few years.

Of course... you shouldn't solely base your decision on this but still.

i correlate the first time pass rate with the schools curriculum...obviously there is something to be said that maybe students in that year could have been lazier or didnt study as much as they should but i feel schools with a higher pass rate have better curriculums (or teachers) or what have you

i correlate the first time pass rate with the schools curriculum...obviously there is something to be said that maybe students in that year could have been lazier or didnt study as much as they should but i feel schools with a higher pass rate have better curriculums (or teachers) or what have you

first time pass rates not only depends on the curriculum but also on the students of that year...if a school selects students who have a tendency to sit and wait for information to be shoveled down thier throats versus those who really take initiative and do alot of self learning in addition to the guidance they get from lectures/objectives...that is reflected in scores...

some schools accept any warm body..others screen their applicants to make sur ehtey can handle the curriculum(those schools are the ones with the highest Board scores, you can imagine what the other schools scores look like)