Step I COMLEX Step I

Started by Natatiap
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Natatiap

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not taking my test until Aug 12 but I started looking over material here and there when I get a chance. I am taking the Northwestern Board review course an I'm using First aid 2007, Micro made ridiculously simple and Goljan Path. I'll get a Q bank later. Beginning my first year I have been using BRS books along with my classes. Is anyone actually going to look at the BRS books to study? Should I even go back to look at them? I feel like there is so much already I dont want to have too many sources but I dont want to miss anything important.
 
When you get to selecting a qbank, check out www.combankmed.com. They just released the much-awaited COMLEX Step I qbank. Their Step II and III products have been out for a while, and I found them SUPER helpful compared to the other (very limited COMLEX) material out there.

As far as your other stuff goes, I think the review plan you have set up is fine -- no need to look at the BRS stuff again. Those are more helpful while taking the class than for the exam itself.

Finally, as a side note, if you're taking the COMLEX, you're legally an "OMS" and not an "MS" under the Uniform Title for Osteopathic Medical Students" [(Resolution 298 [A/2006], JAOA)] 🙂. Not all of the COM's have caught up with the notation change from 3 years ago.