Committee Letter Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

milkyway92

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering if schools ever give interviews before committee letters (and LOR packets) are sent out. I submitted my primary on the very first day it opened and have completed all of my secondaries. My school typically sends out the committee letter mid-August, so should I just plan on not hearing anything until then? Thanks!
 
I'm wondering if schools ever give interviews before committee letters (and LOR packets) are sent out. I submitted my primary on the very first day it opened and have completed all of my secondaries (LizzyM ~78). My school typically sends out the committee letter mid-August, so should I just plan on not hearing anything until then? Thanks!
Bump
 
Based on an email I received regarding an interview invitation, it seems that they do send out interview invites before LOR are received.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an interview invitation this cycle before my committee letter (or any other letters) had been submitted to AMCAS. So, it's possible, but I wouldn't expect any interview invites until the letters are in and you are marked as complete.